photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sugar We're Goin' Down Swingin'

I will NEVER forget my first day of Chemistry Class. I was late, because I couldn't find the classroom. For anyone who knows me, that is no surprise, because I could get lost in a paper bag. I remember being SO nervous because I was all alone for the first time, in a new town. My parents were back at my one bedroom apartment helping me get moved in and helping my little chihuahua Kailey get adjusted to her new home.

I was just trying to focus on getting through my first day. I remember walking in and seeing this REALLY cute guy across the room. I went and sat at the table behind him, even though he was at a table by himself. I didn't want to be obvious!! As time went on, I never said a word to him and vice versa. One day, I noticed a tattoo on his right wrist that simply read, "Faith." Well, I didn't know who Faith was, but I really wish she'd go away!

One day out of nowhere, Jimmy called me BY NAME (someone had been paying attention during roll call) and asked me if I had change for a $5. Usually, I'm never at a loss for words, but this day, I stammered. And stammered some more. I really don't even know what I said, but it wasn't cute. He ended up asking another girl for change for a $5. Nice. A few more days went on and I sat next to him in lab one day. He was ever so smooth and struck up conversation with my friend and I. My friend knew that I was dying to get to know him better, so when he finally started talking to me, I could just FEEL her tensing up beside me. He waited for us after class and asked us to go to breakfast with him. I almost fell out in the floor. I think I said something like, "Um, ugh, ummmmm, ok." So, she hopped in my mustang and directed me to Salt Works restaurant. He came flying through the parking lot in his Land Rover and I thought, "OH YAAAAY! He doesn't drive a lifted pick up truck like EVERY other guy I've ever dated! This is a good sign!" We had a great breakfast and he asked us to come hang out with he and his friends that night. My friend bowed out gracefully and I met him for dinner that night at Dockside. Notice no "friends" were there..hehe.

A week went by and a few dates later, he asked me to be his girlfriend. As cute as the story is, I won't embarass him by posting how he asked me. Trust me though, it was really precious. From that day on, we were inseperable. I just kept thinking that he was too good to be true. I had just come out of a tumultuous relationship and it felt so strange to be dating a guy with no drama. There HAD to be something wrong with him, right? No guy is that nice without a hidden agenda. I kept waiting and waiting for him to show me his true colors. As time went on, I realized that he had shown me all he needed to. He was a caring, honest guy. So caring and so sweet, that the "Faith" tattoo was something that he had done after his aunt lost her long-time battle with cancer. It wasn't a girl's name at all... just a permanent reflection of how he spiritually felt after she passed. What you see is what you get and anyone who knows him, knows that to be true. I didn't know it at the time, but my life was about to change.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover