photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, July 26, 2010

I didn't make it home today

I was planning to go to church with the fam, but I woke up a little after 8 and headed downstairs to jump in the shower only to find mom heading up the stairs to talk to me. She tells me that Harper has AWful diaper rash and he was screaming so loudly during his diaper change, she was surprised I didn't wake up.

We decided that church was not an option today, so we waited for Harper to wake up and then I proceded with my shower. Harper seemed to be after first waking up, but once I gave him his bottle, he followed with the 2nd diaper blow-out of the day. My poor baby has upset stomach and I don't know why. He hasn't eaten much differently than he does when he's home with me, so maybe it's a bug. I'm just not sure.

After clean-up of said blow-out, my aunt, uncle and two cousins joined us for lunch today and it was great to see them. My aunt suggested that we get Harper some Butt Paste, so my fantastic dad leaves immediately to go get some. He comes back and we decide that we should slather it on and let him "air-out." We strip him down and my mom wants to hold him with a towel on her lap in front of the floor fan. It was a great idea and it seemed to calm him down, but it certainly provided quite the exhibition for my almost 6-year-old, very girly cousin. She sort of giggled at the situation and I couldn't help but laugh. Bless her heart. She was a good sport about not asking too many questions.

After they left, my mom suggested that I stay here for the night. I mulled it over in my head and decided that sticking Harper in a car seat for 2 and 1/2 hours to travel home was not a good idea. I did feel bad about it though. I haven't seen my husband since 5:30 on Friday and I won't see him again until lunch time tomorrow(Monday) when he wakes up.

We all ended up heading to Wal Mart to pick up some more diapers and milk and my mom and dad were nice enough to buy this for Jimmy and I:



I can't thank them enough for this more-than-generous gift. I had been wanting a carpet shampooer for all the obvious reasons and Jimmy called tonight to explain that my female dog, Kailey, is showing symptoms of a bladder infection (she's had one before). She has had several accidents in the house. Her urine is apparently flourescent yellow and he had run out of carpet cleaner this afternoon with no time to go buy any before he left for work. I have no idea what I'm walking into tomorrow, but I'm trying to stay positive. Between all the cleaning tricks I've learned and our new cleaner, I hope to get the stain(s) out. I may have to put Jimmy to work while I finish my last online assignments tomorrow. Sorry babe....

Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover