photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Friday, October 29, 2010

A quick recap


I haven't blogged since Wednesday, so it goes without saying that we have been busy this week.

First, I want to bring everyone up to date on my NC State application. I debated whether to even post this or not, but I decided that I would because I appreciate honesty from other bloggers.

I woke up this morning and checked my status only to find that I had been turned down for enrollment. Before anyone feels sorry for me, I immediately called and inquired as to why because I just couldn't understand why in the world this had happened. The admissions rep basically told me that I needed to finish this semster and apply again. Apparently, they are looking for a specific cumulative GPA that I haven't quite reached because I had a bad semester at a community college back home YEARS ago. I was taking a lot of math and science, which has always been my weakness, and that was reflected in that semster's GPA which in turn has lowered my cumulative GPA. So, after talking to him, I need to wait until after I have received my Associate in Arts Degree and this semester's grades have posted, then apply again.

I didn't even cry about this! I just see it as my applying too early and I know that I am in the midst of a great semester, so the GPA should no longer be an issue.

Secondly, I went to the dentist about my wisdom teeth and found that I have 5 cavities. I have never had a cavity filled, so I am nervous! I only have 3 wisdom teeth and when I go in for my cavities to be filled, they will take molds and discuss having them removed based on what they feel they can do in the office. They may have to refer me to an oral surgeon.

Moving on...........

Jimmy and I have had something going on nearly every night. When he was working, I was nose deep in books and if I'm being honest, this semester is starting to wear on me. I feel like my English professor doesn't give me time to breathe in between assignments. I have written more papers this semester than I can count.

Monday, I had math class. I am counting down the days until this class is over. Enough said.

Tuesday, Jimmy worked and I got started on my English essay. Comparing literary concepts in the "Chrysanthemums" and in the poem "The Ache of Marriage" is a BLAST.

Wednesday, we ran all over the place looking for a costume for Harper. We ended up not finding the one we wanted and had to settle on another one. I'll post pics later.

Thursday was Jimmy's 2nd day off and we did the standard grocery trip amongst other things that I can't remember. Later that night, we took Harper to Jimmy's mom's house and then to a friend of his dad's for their Halloween night with him. It was fun to dress him up and feed him cookies and candy! He enjoyed it, I must say.

Today, Jimmy and I had to run to the mall. He was getting a hat made for work and I ran into Forever 21 just because it was next to the kiosk. I ended up getting a headband, a black belt, a brown belt, a black tank top and a pair of awesome aviator sunglasses for about 20 bucks. Score! This afternoon, I headed to my mom and dad's to spend the weekend so they could see Harper in all his Halloween garb. We have a lot on the agenda for this weekend, so I will be sure to post pics later.

On Monday, we will be headed back to Richlands, to PICK UP OUR PUPPY!!!! I can't tell you how excited Jimmy and I are. I won't be able to play with her for long on that day because I have a test in my math class that night... UGH.

Anyway, stay tuned for pictures later!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover