photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Catching up

I read somewhere a long time ago that a "good" blog sticks to one topic per post. I will be severely breaking that rule tonight, so I guess I don't fit into the "good" category. Ha!

Things are super crazy around here. We have started to pack and our house has turned into a HOT mess.







We were cramped before, but now, there are no words to describe our lack of space. Jimmy will be working all weekend, so Harper and I will have to try very hard not to trip on eachother.

I have been packing in between assignments and I am THRILLED to announce that I am finished at CFCC! I wrote my last two papers last night and it felt so great to send them to my professor. I am super exhausted between this past week and packing, but Jimmy and I decided to go out tonight to celebrate. Can you tell how tired I am from looking at this picture? How much do you love Harper's ketchup face?



On to another topic, I tried a new recipe for Crostini with Thyme-Roasted Tomatoes for our Sunday School Christmas party and they were a huge hit!! I was quite proud of myself. I did end up having to squish a lot of the tomato juice out and then I added a few more herbs and topped it with mozzarella cheese. They only complaint that I have was that the bread was already hard in the store and then became even harder after I baked it. I'm not sure what I could do differently, but maybe I'll figure it out.
__________________________________________________________________________________


____________________________________________________________________________________

My parents came into town this past weekend and we did a little bit of Christmas shopping. Harper rode the carousel at the mall, but I couldn't get any great pictures. Here are a few from their trip.




_____________________________________________________________________________________

Harper and Maya have been getting along swimmingly. It's so funny to sit back and watch them.





I may be a little biased, but I think she is a gorgeous dog!


____________________________________________________________________________________

I just have to throw in these pictures, because I like them.




____________________________________________________________________________________

Finally, Harper, Jimmy and were almost in a car accident this morning. We were of course following the law, but an approximately 90-year-old woman made an illegal left turn WHILE running a stop light and ran out in front of us. My husband with his "expert driving skills" as he put it, skidded to a stop less than a foot away from her. She kept on going and probably never knew we were there. My husband has talked a lot about the danger of senior citizen drivers. I have a soft spot for our older generation and I have always thought he was being too harsh. I understand now where he is coming from. After our near run-in this morning, my heart was racing for at least 30 minutes. Harper was in the back, completely unaware, watching his Baby Einstein DVD. It was a really scary experience.

Well, that pretty much sums up what's beein going on! I hope all of you are staying warm and enjoying the countdown to Christmas!


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the moving, I don't envy you at all! Moving has never been an "easy" thing, but I just got to experience how difficult it is with a little one lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover