We had a really great Christmas although it was very hectic. Here are a few highlights:
My little reindeer at my parent's church.

At our extended family get-together.

I came back home for a few days, so Jimmy and I rushed to get the house together as much as we could. I decided that I needed to go ahead and paint our ugly craigslist dresser so that we could move it into the house. It really didn't take long and it only needed one coat!




We've decided now that we have the room, we need to find a larger dining room table and one that is not bar-height. We have a family member that has one in storage, so we may be going to check that out in the next few days.
We really lucked out with our tree this year. We were able to get a 9 FOOT Christmas tree! Because we were late buying it this year, we found it for 40% off at Lowe's. Score!
The hubs, playing a golden violin ornament..


Remember how I was wondering how we would get our TV up in front of that crazy-meaningless TV hole? Well, we did it. I just have to say, however, that the arm required to hang our 50 inch television was a total RIP OFF as far as the price. We had no choice but to purchase it and it was $220.00! I almost fell out in the floor. I could not believe that we had to shell out that much money to be able to put a stinkin' TV up, but here is the finished product..

Our plan is to mask the visible space left from the hole with shutters. My husband received a Dewalt tool kit for Christmas, so I will be sure to put him to work!
The next day, we headed to Rocky Mount to visit my parents for Christmas Eve. Before we left, I had to have a little fun with Maya.


Here is Harper and Maya during the car ride. She is seriously the best dog I have ever had and she loves her Harper.


Once we got there, mom allowed me to open a gift simply because I pester her to death. I know what I'm doing. I was so happy to get Harper's bedding! I think I was more excited over that than anything else!


Later that night, my immediate family came over to eat dinner and open gifts. Here are a few photos.










Jimmy only received one Christmas present from my folks...in the form of a new PS3. He has been wanting one for awhile and we VERY happy to bring it home and set it up.

We all headed to bed after a very tiring day and then my parents rode back home with us to spend Christmas Day.
Stay tuned for more pictures!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!