photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Room to Breathe..

Jimmy and I have been putting around in our little Jetta since 2008. Just a few months ago, we sold our Tahoe and the Jetta (which was primarily my car) became our primary vehicle. We then bought a CHEAP Ford Explorer for Jimmy to get to and from work in until he can get a take-home car. Doing all of this was a lot of work, but we did it to cut costs since we've decided that I will be a SAHM for several years.

We've been making the Jetta work, but it has been a tight squeeze. Today, we took it in for some maintenance after my Dr.'s appointment and then started car-shopping on a whim. I had made up my mind that we'd keep the Jetta for several more years, so car shopping seemed like a dumb idea.

We went to a dealer that is a friend of Jimmy's family and started browsing.

We stumbled upon this little guy.....

(internet picture)
Photobucket

and I fell IN LOVE. I have always loved Jeep Commanders. Don't ask me why. I just love the way they look.

We went inside to do a little number crunching and it looks like we can get this car for about 100 dollars less than what we are paying on the Jetta!

This is such an answer to prayer. I could get into a long, complicated, boring story about the Jetta, but I'll spare you.

The dealer let us take it home tonight to try it out. I am sold. It has so many bells and whistles, but MOST importantly-- A DVD player in the back for little man! This is such a dream come true for long trips!

I am hoping and praying that everything works out tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! I have that SAME JEEP COMMANDER and I LOVE IT!!! I'm always getting in the Jeep and saying, "I love my Jeep." Joey laughs at me, but he's grateful that I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover