photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, April 9, 2012

Harper's 3rd birthday

On Harper's actual birthday (April 5th),I thought it would be fun to use crepe paper over his door so that he would have to bust through it.(I think I got the idea from Pinterest. Not sure.) Of course he didn't get it and walked under it, but that's okay. Maybe next year?
Photobucket

We waited until Daddy woke up and then took him out for a quick lunch to Fat Tony's. We assured him that he would be getting french fries only to discover that they don't serve them :(
Photobucket

After lunch, we took him to a frozen yogurt place. We think he enjoyed it.
Photobucket

Photobucket


Jimmy had to work the night of his birthday, so we headed home so he could go back to sleep.


For his party this year, I decided to go with a John Deere theme for little man's birthday. He is really into tractors/trucks/loud cars at the moment, so it was a perfect fit.

I have to be completely honest and say that preparing for this party wore. me. out. I told everyone that came that next year's would be at Chuck E. Cheese. Not kidding.

This year, we took on a lot of housework to get ready. I've mentioned before that I use parties and get-togethers as motivation to get my house clean and guest-ready. We definitely pulled out all the stops this time!

We painted rooms, painted trim, painted doors, shampooed carpets, steam cleaned hardwoods, did major landscaping, recovered those lovely cushions in the kitchen (pics coming soon, promise!). Oh and we hung curtains, blinds, bought end tables and lamps to go on them. Every bedroom and bathroom also got a major cleaning.

It was all for my baby boy though, so I didn't mind.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Harper got an awesome riding John Deere tractor! We're gonna put him to work now :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


My mother in law made the most awesome dirt cake, cupcakes AND brought these gorgeous flowers.
Photobucket

Harper loved it!
Photobucket

After everyone left, we tried to get a few more pictures before he completely crashed.
Photobucket

Show us how hold you are buddy!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Happy Birthday Harper!!
Photobucket
We are so happy and blessed to be celebrating 3 years with you, Harper. You are a special little boy and you bring so much happiness to our lives. You say something every day that makes me laugh.

Jimmy and I are also thankful for our parents and in-laws. Without their help, we wouldn't have been able to pull this off. We all thank you:)


Photobucket

Here's to another fun year with my little man!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute party!
    I think parties and get-togethers are GREAT motivation for house projects. We do the same thing. And dont you just love the day after when you can just sit and relax in your newly decorated/cleaned/organized home?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover