Hollin's current room became hers when she was just over two months old. I had already done her nursery in the house we were renting and you can find that here. It was bittersweet having to leave the first nursery, but I always knew that day would come eventually. Luckily it came quickly and this room is hers forever!
Her nursery is very small, but very cozy. Sometimes I feel like maybe there needs to be other things on the wall, possibly on either side of her curtains or on the wall where her crib is. I usually talk myself out of it, because I think it would just be too much in such a small space. The little rocking chair belonged to me when I was a little girl.
This is something new that I added to her nursery. It is a sewing cabinet that belonged to my grandmother. It stayed tucked away in one of my parent's extra rooms in their home for years. They were going to get rid of it, but something about it just felt so girly. I painted it and replaced the hardware. Now it stores a few books, decorative things and all of Hollin's hairbows!
The little seahorse is an ornament that went on her first Christmas tree. It was too pretty to put away all year!
I also replaced her old grapevine wreath with this yarn-wrapped one. I did it one night when I was feeling crafty :)


The fuzzy rug was something we bought for her to lay on for her newborn pictures. I don't know what to do with it, so it just lays on her ottoman, haha.
The wall color was already here, so I didn't change it. The one thing left to change is her blinds. I'd like to get some that matches her brother's room (and the rest of the house), but these really block out a lot of light. I'm leaving them for now :)
I think Miss Hollin loves her room. I certainly had fun putting it together!
Happy Friday,

















those curtains totally make the room! love, love, LOVE them... what a lucky little girl. Gabe doesn't even have a room yet - just a nook to call his own for now.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! I love your taste! :)
ReplyDeletejust BEAUTIFUL!!!! you are so talented girl!!! Love love love!
ReplyDeleteso cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful room!
ReplyDeletewww.mommymandymusings.com
The light fixture is awesome!!! I love it!
ReplyDeleteThe curtains are so pretty! I like that you laid the little blanket over the ottoman. It's cute!
Just popped over from Kelly's blog....your little girl has a gorgeous room! I love all of the little touches!
ReplyDeleteI love the curtains. I also love that your kids are close in age to mine. My son was born March 30, 2009 and my daughter was born June 17, 2011. It's busy with two little ones, hey?!?
ReplyDelete