photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Celebrating 28 & 5

I turned 28 on October 12th! It seems strange to say that I'm 28 because just 10 years ago, 28 seemed so "adult." I am so blessed to have everything I hoped for and more by age 28. I'm not talking about material things, but when it comes to my family, I couldn't ask for me.  The older I get, the more I realize how many blessings I get to celebrate each year. I think back to last year at this time and anticipating the birth of our sweet baby girl. Getting to celebrate with her and Harper this year was so amazing.

Jimmy was a sweetheart and was waiting for me at work with a birthday breakfast on Friday.  To know that he went and stood in the Starbucks line for 20 minutes in full uniform was so sweet (and hilarious.)


photo13_zps2336633e

photo12_zpsd17d2b79

My co-workers surprised me with awesome local cupcakes!

My friend C and her sweet baby treated me to lunch at Panera. I had so much fun catching up with her and seeing her little one. How precious are those dimples? photo10_zps7485e2f5

I worked through the rest of the day and came home to sneak in some pics with the babies before Hollin was ready for bed.

photo11_zps20402652

Harper wasn't really into it :( photo9_zps93053be7

For dinner that night, Jimmy and I went to our favorite Mongolian Restaurant. It is super low-key and not fancy at all. We haven't been in over a year because they don't have french fries. Unfortunately, that is all Harper will eat when we go out. It was nice to go back to a place that we used to go to while we were dating :) 

photo8_zps1a4c3976

The next day, on October 13th, Jimmy and I celebrated 5 years of marriage! Again, this is mind-blowing. In some ways, it seems like we have been married forever. In other ways, it seems like we got married last week.
My mom and dad treated me to a nice lunch at Panera (I went again, I can't get enough.) photo7_zpsaf21fe6f
 
Hollin enjoyed getting attention from every person in this picture.
 
 
And Harper...well, he was Harper.
 
photo6_zpsd580d4a3
 
 
Jimmy had to work on our anniversary, but he had re-arranged his schedule for the whole weekend so that he was off at 6pm. He had to wake up at 4:30am to be at work at 6am. I know he was so tired, but he did it for me. I'm a lucky lady :)

That night, we treated ourselves to a "fancier" dinner at Bluewater. This was the restaurant where our rehearsal dinner was held.


 

We sat out by the water and enjoyed talking. The food was delicious, as always. photo5_zps996a3330
 
photo4_zpsa1a22eea
 
At some point during the weekend(I think it was during my at-home-lunch-break on Friday), Jimmy gave me a really nice gift. To be honest, I debated taking it back. Not because I didn't like it, but because I thought it was too spendy. I guess it's the whole mom-guilt thing. I knew all of the cute things that I could buy for the kids (or for Hollin's up-coming party) with the money that was put into this gift.
 
photo15_zps81361f04
 
I love it. We've been married for 5 years, and I have had two babies. I will take the nice watch :)
 
I had an awesome birthday and anniversary. I couldn't be blessed with a better husband, babies or family.  I posted the following on Facebook on Saturday.

 
5 years ago today, I said "I do" and married my best friend. We have come so far in 5 years. Lots of moving, 2 babies, job changes to stay-at-home mommy days and back again. Jimmy, I love you more than words. Tonight, at 6pm, I will remember how I felt walking toward you at the Kenan Chapel and seeing your sweet smile. Thank you for 5 wonderful years and lots of laughs. I look forward to 50 more!
 
 
And I mean it :)
 




3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary---what a festive time for you;) New follower! Come check us out at http://www.thechirpingmoms.com!

    -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful watch! You totally deserve to be spoiled. ;) Happy birthday and anniversary! Love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday and happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover