photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, October 8, 2012

Sad.

I'm just sad. Forgive the typos and weird spacing that may happen in this post. I'm blogging from my iPad while I wait for my laptop to be fixed.
So back to the sad.
It's coming from many places.
Yesterday at church, our preacher delivered a message about death. And loss. My heart was already a bit heavy because I had been thinking so much of a family friend that was lost around this time last year. I was thinking about myself because after my last post, it dawned on me that I probably did experience a chemical pregnancy.
I would have thought that I'd be the last person to be sad about this because I usually respond pretty rationally to everything. For whatever reason, it didn't click with me what had happened until a few days ago.
I promise I am ok. No tears have been shed, but am I sad? A little bit.
The church service went on and it was deep and raw. I was kind of glad to get out of there. I came home, took a nap, some family came over for dinner and after they left, I went on with my usual Internet browsing.
Then I heard what happened to Julee Turner's husband. If you don't know already, please visit kellys korner blog.
There it was again. Death. And loss.
I tried to sleep, but I couldn't, so I pulled the iPad out again and checked Facebook. I saw a few photos from an event that took place over the weekend that Jimmy and I were not invited to. An event that was held by some people that I considered friends. I started thinking about it and how I have felt for so long that people just generally write Jimmy and I off because they assume that we are too busy or can't fit things into our schedule because of Jimmy's work schedule. Yes, we have had to miss a lot of events because of his job, but that doesn't mean that we don't like to be invited. We like to know that our friends would love to have us there, but understand and don't count us out if we can't make it.
As it turns out, Jimmy was off this weekend and we would have been able to go.
I realize that not being invited to something is ridiculous in comparison to the other things I've talked about. But, it still hurt my feelings.
I hope to be back to my usual self and my usual posts soon. I took some cute photos today and had planned to share those, but I had to get this out. Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. I understand how you feel about missing out on things because of the hubby's work schedule. A lot of our friends don't invite us to do things either, assuming that J is working, and sometimes he is, but sometimes I would love for us to still be invited and just go by myself. It is one of the things that drives me nuts about the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand how you feel. I do not think it is ridiculousness or silly! I face the same thing since me and Wayne separated. Everyone knows I am super busy with school and study all the time and they want me to suceed and they encourage me, but I dont get invited to things because they do not want to interfere with my studying. Some people don't want to "choose sides" so there again I am not invited to some things. Sometimes, it is couples getting together and I'm not a part of a couple anymore, so it happens again. I try to take it in stride, but it does hurt my feelings sometimes bc I would love a fun break to the constant studying occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl. Glad to know I'm not the only one!

      Delete
  3. I totally understand how u feel! Sometimes it is more about the invite than anything! One of my best friends got married in London this weekend & I was the only 1 out of our group of 5 (all were bmaids in my wedding) that didn't make the trip. I always feel so left out b/c they all have great careers & no kids so they don't understand how I can't shell out over 3 grand for a wedding weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We couldn't do that either! People without kids will never understand until they are in your shoes. Thank you for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  4. Feeling sad after not being invited to stuff isn't ridiculous at all. I feel that way all the time. In fact I did a post on this exact thing a while back. We're generally written off by non-LE friends because they just assume we can't come. It's hard and it's hurtful and it has made me re-evaluate a lot of friendships. The past few weeks seem to have been rough for a lot of people, I've seen more posts about deaths on FB than I have in a long time. I have a lot of friends experiencing health issues at the moment too. Just remember this means they all need even more prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you know where I'm coming from. Thanks from one LE wife to another :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover