My heart swells with pride as I type this post. My sweet Harper James Cushing asked Jesus to live in his heart on June 20, 2014.
It's worth mentioning that my little boy is a very serious and deep thinker. He is like most 5 year olds in that he always wants to know "why" this and "why" that. For several months now, he has been very intrigued about Heaven. He has had a lot of questions about death and what happens to us when we die.
We were on our way to a play date the morning of June 20th when he asked me in the car, "Mommy, how do we get to Heaven?" I answered, "Well, if anything happened to you Harper, you would go to Heaven. But if you want to make sure, make REALLY sure that you go to Heaven, you pray and ask Jesus to live in your heart. You can pray alone, at church or with mommy or daddy. It's up to you, but it's really easy." He didn't say anything and I knew I had given him a lot to think about.
Later that afternoon, I came downstairs from changing Hollin's diaper. He walked into the TV room from the living room (which is where he goes to pray quite a bit). He said very matter-of-factly with his hand thrown off to the side and a huge grin, "Well, I prayed and asked Jesus to live in my heart."
Of course I went ballistic with praising him while simultaneously wanting to cry.
I could write a one million word post on how proud and excited I am for him. He knows how I feel and that's all that matters. I did a little interview with him a few days ago and want to share what is going on in his little mind!! Good gracious I love my little boy.
Mr. Harper James Cushing- age 5
Favorite color : Red.
What do you want to be when you grow up? : A dentist. But not if I have to move to a different city. (He thinks he wants to live with us forever.)
What is your favorite food : Peanut butter sandwiches.
Favorite drink : Lemonade.
Favorite tv show : Spongebob.
Favorite thing to do at home : Play outside and in the pool.
Favorite thing to do at school : Math, spelling, science? "Learning."
How does it feel to be a Christian : Good.
What does mommy do all day? Clean dishes.
How do you feel about sissy? I love her.
Favorite place to shop? Target.
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you want to go? England.
Favorite sport to play? T-ball.
Favorite song? The Devil is a Sly old Fox (courtesy of Grandma).
Favorite book? "Squidward has a birthday."
Favorite Season? Spring.
Who is your best friend? Eli.
What food do you really hate? Macaroni and Cheese.
Who is the coolest person in the whole world? Daddy. Because he was a Police Officer.
I'm so proud of my little boy :)












So precious! Love that you're documenting his thoughts too!! Sweet Jesus-lovin boy! :)
ReplyDeletexx