photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Those Mommy Failure Moments

I was so proud of myself. And proud of Hollin. Two weeks ago, she lost her final paci.  I was strong and told her that was the LAST one.  I cringed at the thought of nap time, but amazingly, we got through it. Night time was the real test. There were some tears, but again, we made it!!

Suddenly, my sweet girl started fighting her naps. I mean, fighting like an MMA pro. During nap time yesterday, she cried for 2 hours. I changed her diaper and went in her room multiple times. The last stretch was 45 minutes before I just couldn't take it anymore. I was exhausted and so was she.

There are moments in Mommyhood when you have to choose your battles. I talked it over with Jimmy and made a solo trip to Target. I loaded up on a few essentials and threw these in my cart.


She slept through the night last night. Naptime today was a million times better. 

Was it a coincidence? Maybe. 

Why did I buy more pacis?  The reason is because I don't want her to stop taking naps. If a paci is so soothing to her that it helps her sleep, then ok. I want her to take naps when Harper goes to Kindergarten so that I can get two precious hours of time to get things done. Is this selfish on my part? I don't know, but I do know that if moms told the truth, they would probably do the same thing. I'm just admitting it :)

I know that her having a paci at over two and a half years old is not ideal. She looks older than she is and yes, she gets looks sometimes as if she shouldn't have it.  But in my heart, I know she is still just a baby. She won't be ruined for the rest of her life because she had a paci for longer than the recommended time. 

I probably shouldn't call this a Mommy Fail. This is my life and I make the best decisions that I can for my children. And yes, I occasionally make calls based on keeping my sanity and handling as much as I feel that I can at one time.

So pass me the coffee. We are going to get through this age 2 :)

4 comments:

  1. Girl have no shame! It her having a paci bides you a good night sleep and a break during the day everyone is better for it! Just tell her it is for sleeping only when at the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me feel so much better, granted my baby is only 3 months right now, I dread taking her paci away because she too sleeps all night...my husband wasnt a fan of the paci at first but her crying breaks his heart just as much as it hurts mine and as soon as she has it, she goes right to sleep...you give me hope that if she still has it 2 years from now, it's going to be ok :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you feel better :) There is so much as mothers that is just out of our control, no matter how hard we try to control it all. Enjoy that sweet little baby of yours :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover