It's finally November and I feel like I can breathe again. A couple of things have changed around here and of course, I have to share :)
Jimmy's business is really picking up! I'm not sure I ever blogged the full details, but a few months back, he approached his boss about taking two days off a week to start his own business. They went back and forth for awhile on what would work best for the both of them. So for the last few months, he's been off on Thursdays and Fridays to run Forged Custom Concepts. I'm so proud of him. It's been really fun to watch his dream turn into reality :)
My temporary job is coming to an end at Port City Community Church. I've been working there since June and I've really enjoyed it. I've learned that being a full-time mommy & part-time employee is a bit harder than I expected! It's been such a great opportunity to meet tons of people on staff and see how things work behind the scenes. I've made some great friends and I know God put several people in my life during this process.
To be perfectly honest, things haven't quite worked out the way I'd hoped they would. And that's ok. I managed my expectations really well over the last few months and I know that God has a plan for my life.
People ask me all the time what's next for me. For now, I'm going back to being a full-time mommy!
At the beginning of this year, I chose the word "Abide" to live by. You can read that post here.
Abiding is what brought me to this position and even though it's almost over, I have a hope in Christ that will remain. He's writing my story and I have to be wiling to go where he leads me. Lately, I've been living by this quote.
So that is what we are up to!
This weekend, we'll be stuffing our faces with pancakes at a local Kiwanis event, doing things around the house and the kiddos will be spending the night with grandparents on Saturday night. Woo hoo!!
Have a wonderful Friday!!









No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!