I blogged a few weeks ago about our plans for Hollin's birthday being a bit different this year. We stuck to our guns and didn't have a birthday party. And we asked ourselves many times during the day, "Why haven't we done this sooner?!"
We started her birthday week with special treats for her class!
On Friday - we spent ALL day doing everything that Hollin wanted to do!
We headed out and transitioned her into the simplified high-back booster. If you think that it's easier to do a booster instead of the car seat straps, it's not :) But I digress...
We took her to breakfast at Salt Works for her favorite order of grits and bacon. And of course letting her eat a packet of jelly with a straw. Whatever works.
Then we took her on a four-year-old shopping spree at Toys R' Us. This girl was In. Heaven. I have to mention here that we got her a cart-full of toys for the same amount of money we spent last year on a bouncy house alone. The best part is that we knew she loved everything she picked out. No worrying about having to return anything we knew she wouldn't play with!
We ran and got her a post-spree birthday cake pop from Starbucks. One of her favorite treats of all time.
We picked up Harper from school and took them both to see Hotel Transylvania 2. It was a really cute movie, but Hollin asked to go home about 3/4 of the way in. She wanted to get home to those new toys!
We picked up one of her girlfriends and had her over for a few hours before Hollin completely quit for the day.
Around 10:30pm, she said she still wanted her cake, so we let her splurge right before bed. And mommy was too exhausted to get any pics!
We all had a great time on our "Hollin-day." I'm sure my party bug will return for next year :)
Hollin, you are really the life of the party around here. You still know how to push boundaries and limits, but I say it all the time - I love that about you. I always want you to have a fiery spirit. Whatever you choose to do in life - you are going to give it your all with so much passion. You demand attention in the funniest ways. You love giving me compliments on my hair, makeup, earrings, shoes. I hope that we'll have tons of fun shopping as you get older. I love your belly laughs and your little square front teeth that you only show in pictures. You still adore your big brother with everything. You are STILL asking for a baby brother AND sister. You care for your baby dolls all day and it just melts my heart. To know you is to love you.
We love you so very much.








No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!