In years past I always tried to sleep in later and then have a "lazy day" but my kids don't know how to be lazy :) I've realized that it's better to get up relatively early, get started with our day and by evening we're all tired and still going to bed at the same time as the school year. Mommy has wised up.
8:15 - Everyone Up! Make coffee, breakfast. Turn on the Today show and patrol what they are allowed to see {yikes.}
9:30 - Morning work. This is where Harper does one page from this book and I work with Hollin on shapes, colors, ABC's and counting. Believe me, this does not happen without complaint. I have to remind Harper especially that he does way, WAY more work at school.
10:30 - Morning activity. We usually head out to the backyard pool.
12:00 - Lunch.
1:00-2:00 - Quiet time. This is when we all head upstairs to our bedrooms. The kiddos are allowed to watch their kid videos/games/play Barbies for an hour. They may not ask me for any snacks, drinks, any questions and if they do, I add 5 minutes to quiet time. I know it may sound a little extreme, but this is so that we all get a good break from each other. At 7 and 4 1/2, they are perfectly capable of getting their cups from the fridge and snacks from the pantry. And let me tell you, they actually LOVE it. It's worked really well!!
2:30 - Afternoon activity. This is sometimes the pool again, library, playground, etc.
4:00-4:30 - Inside "cool down" time. They watch TV for a bit and literally cool down from being outside in the 90 degree weather!
5:30 - Dinner. Hang out with daddy for awhile.
6:30 - Bath
7:30 - Milk, brush teeth.
8:00 - Bedtime!
We are only one full week in on this schedule but so far it's working really well for us. It definitely helps the time pass faster for me now that every day is not a big free-for-all. There will be times when this whole thing will get thrown out the window for a day or two for other things, but we like what we've got here :)
Happy Friday!








No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!