photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The plan for Kitchen Renovation


Well with our current kitchen situation, I've been a crazy woman on Pinterest and I've lost a little bit of sleeping mulling this over at night. The upside is that I get a new kitchen out of this ordeal!

We know that we want something dark on the bottom cabinets and most likely white on top. Stark white cabinets on the bottom wouldnt last more than a year around here. We love the whole Fixer Upper look these days - to a POINT. Some things are a little too farmhouse for me but I like rustic touches balanced out with modern things. We love subway tile and light countertops. Our whole downstairs is Silver Cloud by Glidden and we will most likely use that in the kitchen as well. It's gray but still very light and airy.
We are also going to take this opportunity to reconfigure the space just a little bit. It's been a really tight squeeze in there for awhile with tables, eat in areas, random jut-outs and kid stuff. Once we are finished it will feel like the kitchen can breathe :)

We are going to rebuild the window seat and kick out the old cushion that went with it. Gone will be the days of it slipping on the floor and never feeling or looking clean. We're going to do a nice solid piece of wood. Boom. Clean.
I know we can do this. Bit by bit! :)






1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover