I always knew I wanted to get married in October. After A LOT of discussion, Jimmy and I decided that we would get married on October 13th, 2007....the day after my 23rd birthday. Everyone told me that I was going to get a "dual" present every year because of the birthday/anniversary combo. They were right...hahaha. After we got engaged, we had a year and a half to wait, which seemed like forever. On the other hand, it was a great idea to wait awhile because we had only been dating for 6 months when he proposed. I finally decided on a color scheme. Mostly black with touches of deep red and ivory. I know it's been done a hundred times, but our ceremony was at 6 pm in the evening and was therefore classified as "formal". What is classier and more formal than those colors? ;-) As most women know, planning a wedding is one of the most stressful things you'll ever do, and mine was no exception. I went from my usual 113 pounds (yes, my weight is that exact), to 103 just before the wedding. My dress ended up being too big and I didn't have time to get it taken in. In all of my photos, my dress looks WAY too big..haha. I have never been so frustrated, but in the end, it was all worth it, 100 percent. Here is a pic of our reception location. The Bellamy Mansion and Museum in Wilmington, NC:

A few pics of invitations (we all know how fun THAT is.)


A few phots of the Kenan Chapel where the ceremony would be held:




Here are a few pics of me getting ready for my bridal portrait. That had to be one of the most fun days of my life.. total pampering ;-)



Planning the wedding was mostly fun, but I was so ready to get the show on the road and get started with my life as Jimmy's wife.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!