.jpg)
But I have been since 8pm and my brain hurts. I'm so ready for this darn Physics class to be over.
I am so exhausted from the last few days. As I mentioned in my post yesterday, Jimmy is in the middle of an 8-day-on-duty stretch. His last night on duty will be Thursday night. Harper is just wearing me out because I've been here alone so much lately. With his schedule the way it is, my day looks a little something like this:
7:30am Harper wakes up screaming. He's always grumpy in the morning.
7:35am change diaper, warm up some milk, give him a bottle.
7:35am-9:50 watch cartoons and play while I fight the urge to go back to sleep.
9:50am warm up another bottle. Give him his paci and favorite monkey. He is asleep by 10am.
10:00am-12 noon, housework. Unload and load the dishwasher, throw in a load of clothes, straighten up kitchen, check emails.
12 noon Harper wakes up grumpy again. Change diaper, feed him lunch. Battle with him over eating. We usually spend about 10 minutes until he gives in and decides to eat. I eat lunch. Clean him up and put on his clothes for the day. Harper plays with his toys.
12:30pm Jimmy is just rolling out of bed. Harper and I play until he gets showered and ready.
1:00pm we head out for errands. There is always somewhere that we need to go and on the rare day that we don't, we take Harper to the park to get him out of the house for a little while.
2:00ish we head back to the house for Harper's nap. When he goes down, I usually study, blog, clean, etc.
3:00pm Jimmy starts getting ready for work. I'm still doing my own thing.
4:00pm Jimmy heads out, Harper is waking up. Change diaper.
5:00pm Golden girls! Harper and I play with my favorite show on in the background.
6:00pm I usually take Harper for a walk in his stroller. Get my 30 minutes of cardio in.
6:30pm Dinner for the both of us.
7:00pm Bathtime
7:30pm. Out of the bath. Put Harper's pj's on.
8:00pm My favorite shows are usually coming on. I watch/play with Harper until about 8:20, then I warm up another bottle.
8:45pm I brush Harper's teeth and put him to bed.
9:00pm Me time! I usually watch tv, get on the computer.
10:00pm Take the dogs out. Put them in the crate for the night. Shower. Dry my hair. Head to bed. I study again here if I have a quiz or test the next day.
11:00pm Golden Girls!!! (I told you I am obsessed.)
11:00pm-1:00am. Golden Girls are on and I'm usually still on the computer.
1:30am try to be asleep by now, but it doesn't always happen.
4:00am. Jimmy comes in, making all kinds of noise while he takes his uniform off. I ALWAYS wake up. Go the bathroom.
Repeat.
So, there it is. I'm thinking that once I get through my class, I will look into getting a part time job for the summer just to get me out of the house a little more. We may have to wait and see exactly what Jimmy's schedule looks like once it changes permanently in June before I can do that, however. We shall see. I love being a stay-at-home-mom, but I think I speak for a lot of SAHM's when I say it feels like Groundhog day sometimes. I try to change it up when I can, but it's hard to do because everything revolves around naptime and police schedule. Sigh.......
Anyway, pray for me tomorrow as I take my quiz.
Good night!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!