Please say a prayer for me as I enter into the last few weeks of the semester. For those of you who don't know, I am trying to get into the ultrasound program at CFCC and it is VERY competitive. They only accept 10 people per year and I'm just hoping that I'll be one of them this fall. I spent years 2005 through 2009 chasing the dental hygiene program at several community colleges close to where I lived at the time, but the minimum requirements for that program changed EVERY single year. By the time I would find out about the changes, it was always too late to sign up for whatever ridiculous class I'd need to even be considered and I would have to push back trying to be accepted one more year. During these years, I got engaged, got married, had a baby and of course had to juggle all of the obligations along with all of these, so I finally accepted the fact that maybe God was trying to tell me that this wasn't the career for me. That was a hard pill to swallow, because I am not a quitter, but I certainly don't have another 4 years to waste trying to get into that program.
I currently have all the minimum requirements to get into the Sonography (ultrasound) program at CFCC except for Physics. I am taking that class now and have to pass with a "C" or better to meet that requirement. THEN, I have to take the PSB exam and score within certain percentiles to be considered for the program. If I meet those cutoff scores, my scores will be analyzed using a point-count worksheet that will award me with points for the results of the PSB exam AND classes that I've taken in the past (only specific classes, however). These point count worksheets will all be reviewed and the 10 people with the highest scores will be extended an offer to the program. The program is 2 years long, INCLUDING summer semesters. Did ya follow all of that? Needless to say, it is cut throat, but I am doing my best.

I have decided that if I don't get into the program, I will just finish my Bachelor's degree and be done with it. I see it as a win-win situation on both hands, so I'm trying not to sweat it. I have a lot of encouragement from both sides of my family, so I know I can get through it either way.
Anyway, this is what I'm focusing on right now and hopefully I'll ace the PSB and have some good news for you some time in June!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!