.jpg)
Jimmy took Harper back to the Dr. today for a follow up to last months appointment. Basically, he has a large lump on the underside of his left arm, about halfway between his shoulder and elbow. It is visible from the outside, but it's not something you'd notice unless you were looking for it. The first time we went to the Dr., he told us that he thought it was a lymph node and to do a hot compress with epsom salt every day for 30 minutes. Well, needless to say, trying to get a one year old to sit still for a hot compress is quite the task, so we didn't get to do it as much as we needed to. The lump has not decreased in size, nor has it increased. It is still the same way it was the day I found it.
Today, the Dr. told Jimmy that he still thinks it is a lymph node and he is in no hurry to remove it. He told us to continue to monitor it and make sure it doesn't increase in size or become inflamed. All we can do is do what he says, even though I would love for someone to look at it further. I know I'm probably being paranoid, but hey- I'm his mom, I can't help it.
Harper also has a freckle on the top of his head that he was born with. It has doubled, if not become 2 1/2 times bigger over the course of the last 12 months. The Dr. told us that they usually look for freckles/moles to get to the size of an eraser before they look at removing them. He is scheduled to come back in a year to have that looked at again.
So, that is what is going on with my little boy. Other than these two things, he's perfectly fine and as silly as ever.
Happy Wednesday!!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!