This afternoon, I decided I would try giving Harper some apple chunks....just to see. Well, you could have blown me over with a feather when he graciously took the apple out of my hand and crammed it in his mouth. I didn't hurt that he gave me a little smile either :) He ate several pieces and then he was over it again. At dinner time, I decided I would give him some grilled chicken. I slapped it on the Foreman grill, then shredded it for him. I put it on his plate and he immediately turned his nose up at it. I tried all the little tricks, but he was having none of it. Finally, I caved and gave him his all time favorite....

I swear, the child is going to turn into a goldfish. Trust me, I always try several items of food before I give him these and it's not an every night thing. I was reading on a website earlier that this age tends to be an age where picky eating may start. A lot of the women went on about how their toddlers only eat cheese, crackers and bread. Harper is not too far away from the same diet, but I'm praying this phase will be over quickly.
Anyway...
I've been a laundry and cleaning machine tonight. Does anyone else absolutely hate coming home to a dirty house or is it just me? I am getting ready for our trip to Bald Head Island this weekend. Jimmy's mom and step dad have a place down there and I am dying to get away for a few days. I have never been to Bald Head Island, but it is most famous for being the vacation spot for this lady last year:

Jimmy and I are taking yet another trip to Target tomorrow where I plan to pick up a few gossip magazines to take a gander at while lying somewhere along this coast line.

Oh sweet Lord, I can't wait. I think I'll get G-ma and G-pa (that's what they are called) to watch Harper for a few hours while I relax. Heaven!!
I already have Harper's bags packed, so I'm golden. Packing his stuff is always the hardest part of going anywhere because the kid has SO many clothes! It's so hard to pick outfits because I have so many to choose from. I stand there staring into his closet like it's a black hole. If he was a girl, I'd be doomed. If I ever have the pleasure of having a little girl one day, I'm going to go nuts on her outfits. She will be the most color coordinated little nugget anyone has ever seen.....then she'll grow up to be a tomboy and I won't know what to do with her....hahah.
Goodnight!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!