About a week ago, I went in to get my roots touched up. I asked the girl if she could just touch them up using one color instead of color and highlights. I have done this before and I really liked the result. Just one color all over and it didn't hurt the wallet as much. So, she explained to me that in order for her to do that, she needed to take my hair to a darker blonde all over to even out all of the different colors I had going on and then build up from there. I was ok with going to a darker blonde color. Lord knows, I've experimented with my hair so much, I didn't think it would be too drastic. So she started to put the color on. I looked up and saw that it was the color of chocolate pudding. I didn't say anything, as always, because she is the professional, right? She knows what she's doing. My heart started racing as she combed it through my hair because it didn't look anywhere near a blonde color. Once it was all said and done, my hair went from looking like this:
.jpg)
To this:
.jpg)
(I promise I wear colors other than grey and Harper wears shirts other than that green one.)
When I got into my car, the only thing I could do was laugh because I have been through SO many hair distaters. I must have "SUCKER" written on my forehead when I go to a salon and the stylists just do whatever they please.
Now, I don't hate this color, I just need some
honest opinions. Which is better with my skin tone? Being a blonde takes so much work, but I've been blonde for so long, it feels strange to be anything other than that color. If the brown looks good, then do I maybe need some highlights? Ugh, I don't know.
Shoot me straight, ok?
I like the darker look on you. I would suggest keeping it then highlighting with some lighter blond in a month or so with the increasing summer lights! Luke's comment: Baby Harper's mommy. BTW, having both pics with gray on really shows the comparisons!!
ReplyDeleteAww, thanks girly. I appreciate the feedback and give Luke a squeeze for me. Hope you all are doing well!
ReplyDeleteI know I'm a random reader that just happened to come across your blog , but I like the darker better. The blonde is cute too, but the dark looks great with your skin tone
ReplyDeleteThanks Amanda!
ReplyDeleteI really think the dark looks great on you! I tried to go dark once... the hubs didn't like that one bit! LOL
ReplyDeleteThanks Stephanie!
ReplyDelete