
Ok, I know it isn't, but she is driving me INSANE. For any of you who are dog owners, please shed a little light if you want. Here is the situation....
I have two chihuahuas. One female, Kailey and one male, Bentley.
(Bentley aka "Binky)

I usually leave my back sliding door cracked for Kailey because she literally goes in and out at least 20 times a day. Sometimes she likes to lay in the sun, sometimes she has to use the bathroom. I have our little concrete pad fenced off, so there is not much room to roam around, but there is plenty of room for both of them to use the bathroom.
I know the first suggestion would be to put her on leash and take her out, but I can't. The reason I can't is because of how often she seems to need to go to the bathroom. I would have to put Harper in his stroller, get my other weekly "child" (I will refer to him as "J") ready, put a leash on her AND Bentley so they can both go together and by the time I would have done all of this, she will have already peed on the floor. Believe me, I've tried. She WILL NOT hold it.
The other thing that drives me nuts is that on hot days (which is every day now), I try very hard to keep the sliding door closed, simply because of the heat and humidity that creeps in from outside. She will wait for me to close that door, busy myself with Harper or J and then either go stand by the back door, or just pee right then and there. I never know what she's going to do, so that's why I have to keep the door cracked for her. I DON'T understand it!!!
I am trying so hard to keep these carpets clean and stain-free so that I will hopefully avoid any cleaning fees when we move out, but at this rate, it's inevitable. Between my 3 classes, juggling Harper and J everyday, preparing, serving, cleaning up meals, nap times, playtimes, housework, laundry and my crazy dog, I often lose my patience with her. I hate to admit that, but I do. I get so frustrated, I will put her in the crate for awhile until things can calm down, and then I let her back out.
My mom and dad gave Kailey to me for my 20th birthday, so we are going on 6 years together... often times though, I consider getting her a new home. I can't take much more of this. It seems as if every day, she is the straw that is going to break the camel's back. When I think about finding her a new home, I can't stand the thought. Furthermore, Bentley would probably die from heartbreak. We call them "husband and wife" all the time. They have had 2 litters of puppies together and are inseperable. I can't stand the idea of having to let both of them go together. It hurts to even write that!!
I feel like I am doing the best I can in this situation, seeing as how I can't take my dog out to pee 20 times a day and I PROMISE that is no exaggeration. If anyone has any suggestion, do tell.
Good night!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!