photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Yay for today!

I have had a really great day today! It all started this morning when my weekly child "J" came back after being gone the first 3 days of this week. This makes the second week in a row he's been gone for the first 3 days and I hope his time with us during the week becomes more consistent for both he and Harper's sake. J cried for only a few minutes this morning after his mom left, but rather than just trying to comfort him as he sat by the front door, I physically picked him up, put him on the couch and fed him breakfast right there while he watched cartoons. He was fine and playing in no time.

Score #1!
_____________________________________
After breakfast, he and Harper played nicely and before I knew it, Jimmy was coming back from class and it was time to begin lunch preparations. We ate and I put Harper and J down for their afternoon nap. I took the quiet time as an opportunity to pay bills (ugh) and call Cape Fear CC to inquire about their distance learning program through UNCP. I had already convinced myself that the classes offered at CFCC would not be condusive to people who work full time, but I was wrong!!! In fact, a lot of the classes are offered at night and online annnnddddd.... I get to choose from SO many other undergrad programs!!! I can't tell you how happy this makes me. Prior to today, I thought that the ONLY way I could get my BA was through Mt. Olive College and their night program. To the tune of..

$19,000.00 in tuition. Yes, you read that right- Nineteen THOUSAND dollars.

Now, I can't rule it out completely yet. Lord knows it may change, but I am going to do my best to stick to UNCP although it will take me longer.

Score # 2!
_________________________________________

After they woke up from their nap, we all went outside for a few minutes, despite the 109 degree heat index and splashed around in the pool. I just don't feel right about keeping these boys within the four walls of this house all day.


After pool-time, we came in and had a popsicle. Not long after, the frame for our King sized bed came in and I am smitten!! I'm laying in it right now and can't get over how spacious and beautiful it is.


Score #3!
____________________________________

After J left, I collapsed and then played with Harper for a little while. During dinner, Harper screamed to get out of his high-chair, so we obliged. While we were watching him, we noticed that he was paying attention to his shadow and was trying to stomp on it and run from it. It was too cute! He has been rather silly today. Here's proof:



Notice that he is sitting IN the shoe box and the curtains behind him are all crazy. He has been taking it upon himself to climb up on that chest and play with the blinds and curtains all day. I'm afraid he is going to hurt himself!

Today was just an overall good and productive day. Got a few loads of laundry done and I'm ready for the weekend, even though Jimmy is working Fri-Sun night. That just means he'll be off next weekend for July 4th! Yaayy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover