photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Friday, June 25, 2010

For Pete's sake, what am I wearing?

I always told myself that I'd be one of those "cute" stay-at-home moms who would put on an actual outfit at the beginning of the day. Maybe even makeup. Ok, yes definitely makeup. There is something about staying in my comfy clothes all day that makes me feel unmotivated and just "blech." A prime example of this was yesterday. I am way behind on laundry, so I grabbed a loose, flowy shirt and a pair of jeans. I ended up getting so much done yesterday! Call me crazy, but I think it makes a difference.

I feel bad for Jimmy, because most days, I wear something like this:



If he had it his way, I would be in a low-cut shirt and a mini-skirt every day. He thinks I look cute in stuff like that and wants to "show me off" I guess. I don't really feel comfortable wearing that type of clothing... especially now that I'm a mother. Occasionally, I'll wear something a little more youthful, but it's usually only on date nights.

What's worse is that after my bath/shower at night, I usually put on a clean version of my daily sweats to wear to bed. Jimmy complains about it all the time, but I'm usually just too tired to even debate it and I don't comply... hahah. I'm stubborn like that.

When it comes to my hair, it's usually up in a horrible, frizzy ponytail. My hair is naturally very wavy, like this:

(this is a horrible picture.)

In order for my hair to look presentable, I have to either get up 2 hours ahead of time to wash, dry and straighten my hair before we have to be wherever it is that we're going,

or

I have to wash, dry, straighten it the night before and then get up and RE-straighten it before we head out. The end result looks like this:

(I know this picture is all over my blog, but I rarely have a chance to get in front of the camera.)

I'm thankful to have a head full of thick hair, but getting it to look nice is a pain. Ironically, I'm trying to grow it out. Wearing it wavy is a lot prettier when it's longer, so I'm getting there.

For Jimmy's sake, I will try to make a concious effort to start putting on actual clothes in the mornings, rather than sweats. As far as makeup, I just don't see that happening, but ya gotta start somewhere, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover