photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Saturday, July 24, 2010

blogging from mi original casa

Ok, so my Spanish needs work. I am spending the weekend at my mom and dad's house and they have been nice enough to corral Harper for much of the day today so that I can do....you guessed it....homework. Sometimes I want to march down to CFCC and strangle my psychology professor. He is trying to send me to an early grave. Not only am I killing myself in this class, I realized today that I do not have the grade I need/want. I emailed the teacher to see if he is dropping the lowest test grade and I have not heard back from him. I am FREAKING OUT over this and I'm just hoping that my last 2 homeworks and exam will give my grade a violent shove upward.

Ok, ok... I'm talking about school again. I'm trying so hard not to do that, but my blog is a huge source of stress relief for me, so please bear with me.

I have not left my mom and dad's house all day. I did stop reading long enough to eat lunch and then take Harper outside to spray him with the waterhose. He was still in his nice Carter's surfboard romper, but I didn't care. He made his ever-famous gasping sound each time the water would hit him and I just laughed and laughed. He has done that since he was an infant. I'm glad that hasn't changed.

I should have taken this opportunity to grab my camera, but I have not taken any pictures of him the last few days. I usually do, but lately I've just been too far away and lazy to walk to my purse and get my camera. Shame on me.

Later on, my dad and I played the Wii--Super Mario Brothers. I LOVE this game and it brings back so many memories of when we'd all play together as a family when the first Super Nintendo came out. I remember when my dad finally beat Bowser. My brother and I were beside ourselves for days. He was THE MAN for quite awhile because of that. Who am I kidding? My dad is still the man :)

My mom has been sweet enough to listen to me complain a lot this weekend. She is my sounding board for most everything. I've complained about the rental company that is charging us a ridiculous fee over a service call that was deemed "incomplete." Basically, it was a call that we made because the fridge was making a horrendous clicking sound (not the first time it has done it and not the first service call either.) It took the repairman several days to get to us and by the time he did, the sound had gone away. Because nothing was "fixed", we are being charge $65. How sweet of them. She's listened to me complain about how we just found out that once our 12 month lease is up, we have the option of going month-to-month.... to the tune of an additional $100 on top of our regular rent. I could go on and on, but I'm trying to keep a positive attitude.

Tonight, mom and dad made Italian grilled chicken, Hillshire Farm sausage, butter beans and broccoli and cheese. I wasn't able to eat much of my dinner because I have been pigging out on my dad's homemade beef jerky and Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies. I always eat terribly when I come home to visit. It's a rite of passage. I eat like crap and Harper gets tons of sugar. Who cares?

I do plan on leaving the house tomorrow to go to church and then my aunt, uncle and cousins are joining us for lunch. I'll be hitting the road tomorrow afternoon to go home and do more homework. Don't be jealous, ok?

Goodnighty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover