photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, July 22, 2010

10 years from now...

So if anyone can help me with figuring out how to link to someone else's blog, I would appreciate it. I thought I had it, but obviously I didn't do it right.. Ugggghhh.. Forgive me, I still consider myself pretty new to blogging.

Brittany over at Living in the Moment was SO SWEET and sent over my very first award---the "You're Going Places" award. Thanks so much Brittany!



10 years from now, I'd like to be in a spacious, (but not too spacious) home, with a nice fenced in backyard, a great Dane named Pickles


and a German Shepard.


I'm not kidding folks. Obviously, having 2 dogs of this size at the same time may be a little lofty, but it would be super fun!

The German Shepard may be a given because my husband would like to become a Canine handler in the future. He has to wait for a spot to open and that may take a few years. There are 5 handlers now in the whole department and one of those handlers has to be re-assigned before the position would become available. It's something that we both know would be a lot of work, but it would also be SOOO much fun! We'd definitely be the safest house in the neighborhood.

In addition to our lover-ly home, I hope to have at least one other baby and possibly a third baby that we have adopted. Having a third child is iffy, but if our situation is right, we would love to have 3 munchkins. Jimmy and I both have soft spots for children that are in need of a loving home and of course, as I have discussed before, I am adopted :) I definitely see it as a way "giving back."

I will definitely have my BA in 10 years and I may even go for my Master's. I know my husband is working toward his Master's, so his takes priority over mine, but if the time and situation is right, I may go for it. We'll see!

I definitely don't have to drive the fanciest car or have the nicest home on the block. I just want to be comfortable and able to take vacations with my family.



I want to be able to give my babies everything they want (within reason) and overall just be happy. Who doesn't want that, right?

I know that ultimately, God is in control, even though I struggle some days with not being where "I" thought I would be just 5 short years ago. Despite these feelings, I do realize how blessed I am to have a wonderful husband and a happy, healthy baby. I live a wonderful life and I intend on living it to the fullest every day!

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to have a Dane and a sheperd, too! Marvin is half Great-Dane, and they really are the best dogs! They're really good with other dogs, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover