photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Friday, August 27, 2010

Back in the saddle again

We all left Cherokee this morning at around 9:30 and finally made it back tonight at 7pm. The drive isn't nearly that long, but traveling with a 16-month-old, potty breaks, food breaks and for-fun breaks certainly took up a lot of time. I haven't taken many pictures in the last 2 days just because I didn't want to be flashing a camera in my family's face during our short visit day before yesterday. I rarely see them and didn't want them to think I was insane. After that visit, we didn't see anything new, so there was no need to take pictures.


I have to interject this little milestone, so that I can remember. We stopped at McDonald's late this afternoon where Harper began inhaling french fries as always. I was eating my Southwestern Salad when I looked up and my child was DIPPING his fries into the ketchup!! I looked at him and said, "Are you serious?" It is beyond me that he will try new foods for everyone except me! My dad took a video on his phone and sent it to me, so it is documented. Crazy kid.

Tomorrow, I'll be heading back not long after Harper wakes up. I'm soooo ready to go home and see my hubby. Harper and I miss him dearly :) I'm also ready to get Harper and myself back into a routine and get busy on my schoolwork. I feel like I'm getting off to a slow start and want to make sure I keep up with all of my reading and assignments. I've definitely got to get on a schedule with all that I'm juggling this semester, so I'm just ready to get there.

All in all, I had a great time at the mountains and my mom and dad made it really easy and fun for Harper and I.

As far as this weekend, we don't have much planned. I definitely will have some cleaning and laundry to do when I get back and then Jimmy is working a contract tomorrow night. Sunday, we plan to go to church and then I'm not sure what's on the agenda for the rest of the day. I'm sure we'll find something to get into.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover