photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, September 13, 2010

My Saturday to Monday

Friday was supposed to be "date night" but if you read my last post, you obviously know that we didn't make it out of the house!

Saturday, Jimmy let me sleep late and then we spent the rest of the day cleaning to get ready for a meeting with a mom and her 4 month old little girl. That's right folks, I'm going to try nannying again. I figured that since I can't find a job and I'm here all day basically doing the same things over and over again, I could earn a little extra by bringing in a little one. I was **really** hoping I would get a baby this time (not a toddler) and it looks like I'm in luck! Her mom is in the final stages of interviews and should know this week if she has been hired at her new job. I played with the little girl almost the whole time she was here and I could have just eaten her up! Harper was so sweet and gentle with her. I think he'll make a good big brother some day.

Saturday night, Jimmy took me to Olive Garden for a much-needed date night. He had a gift card to spend, so we thought it was a good time to put it to use. At dinner, we talked about our plans and what we hope will be happening in the next few months. Our lease is going to be up in December, so we are in the throes of trying to decide where to go from here since we will probably have to rent again. BOO.....

We were done with dinner by 8:30pm (we are SO old) and picked Harper up from his grandparent's. We put him to bed and stayed up to watch SNL.

Sunday, our alarm clock allegedly went off, but we both fell back asleep and didn't make it to church. Jimmy says it went off. I never heard it and I sleep as light as a feather..

Sunday afternoon, we decided it was such a pretty day that we'd stroll Harper downtown and get some lunch. We went to Hell's Kitchen where the crowd was in the midst enjoying a Carolina Panthers game. Each time they would score, they would erupt into a roar and/or applause and Harper would clap along as if he thought it was for him.




Oh, and I finally have proof that he is dipping into ketchup now!


At one point, he took a napkin off the table, wiped his mouth, put it down and continued eating. Jimmy and I just looked at one another. He was SO well behaved at the restaurant. We couldn't believe it.

Once we were done, we stopped in a little shop and bought Harper some goodies.

He has quite a few bug bites that I thought needed a bandage, but as it turns out, he wouldn't keep it on.

Last night, I watched the VMA's while Jimmy worked a short contract. I tried starting on a project, but kept getting distracted with the tv on. They were SO boring last night, no? When Jimmy got home at midnight, I was still plugging away and he turned it to the movie Cloverfield. Yet another dumb thing on tv. I made quite a bit of progress, couldn't fall asleep until about 3am and then finished it up this morning.

Today, Harper has been his usual self. Busy. He managed to break one of our side tables. I hope daddy can fix it!






I have just returned from my weekly math class and I am exhausted. I still have to finish up a music class assignment that's due by midnight. After that, I'm sure I will collapse!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover