I have to play the violin at a wedding on the beach tomorrow at 6:30am. I haven't played in quite awhile, so when I cracked open my case to do a little practicing, my violin felt and sounded SO dry. My violin teacher from years ago taught me a little trick to help with that. Basically, I let it hang out in the bathroom while my husband or I take showers to "moisturize" the wood. It's really strange to walk in and see an instrument on your bathroom counter, but hey, it's what I do.
I have done countless weddings in my day. My mom and I usually work as a team and she plays piano, but this is a solo event for me this weekend. I'm not nervous about my performance, but I AM nervous about the wind, sand, and countless other things that could go wrong. As a music performer at a wedding, I basically run the show. Everyone waits for me to cue them in with certain songs and I have to be on my game. Most of the time, folks are too busy playing around on rehearsal night and someone ALWAYS misses their cue on wedding day, which throws the entire schedule off. I am so nervous about that happening tomorrow. I also hope that I can see the wedding party as they need to enter, because if we can't see eachother, I will have no way of knowing when to start/stop songs.
I was also just informed that the wedding rehearsal starts at 8pm rather than 5:30pm because of another rehearsal that the pastor had to attend. THANK GOODNESS my parents are coming this weekend to help us all out. I don't know what I would do without them. I'm pretty sure I would have to back out.
Moving on to other news.....
Jimmy and I sold our Tahoe yesterday. Since we have decided that I am going to have to stay home as long as this job market is so horrendous, we needed to shed something in preparation to move into a bigger house when our lease is up. I was sad to see it go. We brought Harper home in that car, but at the same time, it felt good to get rid of it. We are looking at getting something C.H.E.A.P for Jimmy to get to and from work in and then we will drive my Jetta as our family car. It's a tight squeeze, but we are stuck with it for a little while. We had our first grocery trip in the Jetta yesterday and we are going to have to get used to the lack of space:
(it is all sitting on the extra car seat we had in the Tahoe.)
Not only was it great to get rid of it, it was one step closer to our overall "plan" for the future, but I won't bore you with those details.
Wish me luck tonight and tomorrow!!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!