photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

No rainbows and sprinkles here...

Today started out so wonderfully. Jimmy and I got dressed and all 3 of us went out to go house shopping. At about 4:00pm, we got a phone call from a zip code back home. We weren't sure who it was, but Jimmy picked up anyway.

It was the real estate office that is handling our home back in Wilson, NC.

The manager told us that when they came into work this morning, the keys had been turned in by the tenant, with no notice or explanation. They immediately went out to our house and the tenant had MOVED OUT. Not only that, she had moved out overnight.

Our first question was, "She is under contract until February. Isn't there something we can do?"

The manager told us that we could take her to court, but if she was having trouble paying the rent, then there was no way that she would have the money to give us the rent until February.

Obviously, this was quite a shock to us. I can't believe that someone can walk away from a contract, scott-free. That is why it is a contract! It is a legally binding document. I do intend to see if this can be reported on her credit so that future homeowners will know that she is a bail-er.

The real estate agency sent cleaning crew out, so the house has been cleaned, the grass has been cut and it is back up on their website for other potential renters to see.

Luckily, there is someone interested who has already been approved. She took an application with her but Lord knows if she will bring it back. She saw our house, but had some concerns about some touch-up paint, so Jimmy and I are loading up and going back home this weekend to paint and take a look around.

I still can't believe this has happened. I am trying really, really hard to stay positive and pray that someone will rent it very soon.

I just wish that someone would come along and want to buy it. Jimmy and I want to sell it so badly and we are not looking to make a profit. We just want it off of our hands.

Please pray for us and pray that the right (reliable) tenant comes our way!

1 comment:

  1. You have def. have not had the best of days. But just keep the faith and stay positive it will happen for you guys. A tenant will come along a GOOD ONE=)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover