
There is not much going on around here this week. Jimmy is on his long week and is working contracts on his days off, bless his heart. I have been confined to the house because of our new puppy. There is a big crate waiting for me to pick up back home and I will be going next week to get it. Until we have that, we don't feel comfortable leaving her in the house by herself while we run out, so one of us is always here.
She is doing pretty well, all things considered. I'm not going to lie, I thought I was going to lose my mind yesterday. I realized that having a new puppy in the house would not be easy, but the semester is winding down, I'm tired, Harper is still going 100 miles an hour, Jimmy isn't here very much and I've been trapped in the house for about a week (except for class on Monday night.) All of those things combined certainly renders my patience a little thin.
Maya has mastered the art of, ahem, going #2 outside. But #1, well... she could stand to get better. I let her out all. the. time, but she still comes in and has accidents. She'll also wait until I'm busy and then do it. She has managed to pee on the puppy pad a few times, but not every time.
She is BAD about chewing and gnawing on all of us. Her sharp little teeth can hurt!
She plays pretty rough with Harper, but some days he likes it and some days he doesn't.

She steals his monkey a lot which upsets his little world.
She is very tolerant of Harper's tugging, pulling and falling on her. She has not once snapped at him.
I swear she has doubled in length in a week's time.
Her ears are starting to stand up, but still curl down just a little at the very top. SO cute.
When we all walk together, she will not let any of us out of her sight. Yesterday while eating outside at a restaurant, the owner approached her very gently and you would have thought he was trying to hurt one of us. She barked SO loud. That's exactly what we want. Protection!
Harper now has an audience of 2 during bathtime. Mommy and Maya.

She is a sweet, loyal and loving companion. We are so happy to have her as a part of our little family!







She is absolutely adorable!
ReplyDeleteJoey wants a German Shepherd, too. Maybe it's a cop thing?? LOL
i love that picture of him covering his..umm..mess. hes so sweet!
ReplyDelete