photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, December 16, 2010

A little bragging and new house update

Whew. I never thought this week would get here. One week ago, I was knee-deep in exams and moving all while trying to maintain order and tend to an almost 2 year old. I am so, SO happy to report that I finished the semester with a 3.8 GPA and we are all moved into our gorgeous home. We made it!

Well, we still have about 25 boxes in the garage, but we are able to sleep here. I can't begin to describe the difference it makes to finally have space to spread out and run around. Both Harper and the doggies have wanted to stay outside all day. Unlike other parts of North Carolina, it's been in the 50's here at the coast. My mom and dad who are 2 and 1/2 hours away have been getting sleet, snow and freezing rain all day! What in the world?

We had cable and internet set up today, but we can't watch TV in the Living Room. Whoever decided to start the trend of the huge cut-outs above fireplaces needs to be given a stern talking-to. So, since we don't have TV out here yet, I've been listening to the "Jingle Bell Rock" Christmas CD this afternoon. I'm not sure how long it will take us to come up with a solution for our TV, but it's sitting on the floor and in the way!

As far as Harper goes, he seemed to be ok yesterday, but he also spent much of the day with his Aunt so that we could get some things done. He came home with a good report from her, but today has been a different story. He has been very clingy and irritable today and we aren't sure why. We don't think it's because of the move, he seems to have adapted very well to his new room and the house. His nose has been running for about a week and he's had several messy diapers, so it may be a stomach bug. He's been sleeping a lot, so that is usually an indiacator to me that my lil man doesn't feel well.

We are off tomorrow to get his hair cut, pick up some wipes, get a Christmas tree, get a few groceries and then his mom and step-dad are coming over for dinner tomorrow night. After they leave, I have to pack for Harper and I to travel back to my folk's house this weekend. We are having our extended family get-together at the church and that is by far one of my favorite traditions each Christmas. I can't wait!

I would upload some pictures, but our internet is being verrrry slooooooooow, so I'm off to bring some more boxes in.

Good night all!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover