It's always interesting to think back to the events that have changed you as a person in a matter of 12 months. In some ways, it seems like such a long time, but in reality, it really isn't.
The end of 2009 was pretty scary for us (mostly me), because Jimmy was hired on with a new Police Department and we had to move on very short notice. We also made the decision to have me stay home with Harper while focusing on school. The beginning of 2010 started off with so much fear and promise at the same time. Thank goodness my husband take change in stride, because he was and still is my rock through it all.
I faced a series of ups and downs throughout the year. One of the biggest setbacks was when I realized that my math test scores were just shy of qualifying me to apply to the Sonography program. I had studied so hard, had taken Physics as part of the requirements and really wanted to make this my career. Needless to say, getting that piece of paper in the mail was truly a let down and of course I cried like a baby for about 10 minutes. After I got it out of my system, I was more determined than ever. I decided then that I would finish out my Associate's Degree (which I did) and then work toward my BA.
I decided I wanted to attend NC State through their distance education program and applied a few months ago only to be turned down. I called and was told that I needed to apply again once I had my AA, so I will be turning in another application in a few weeks. Please, please say a prayer for me that God's will will be done. It's easy to get caught up in what I want, but ultimately, it is all up to Him!
In February of this year, we had to adopt out two of our four chihuahuas. Yes, I said four! We had kept one puppy from each of my dog Kailey and my husband's dog Bentley's two litters. They were the sweetest dogs with the best personalities and I still become sad when I think of them. I truly miss them.
Adjusting financially and emotionally to being a stay-at-home mom this year was fun, but challenging at the same time. Here we are a few days into my new job as a SAHM!
I LOVE every minute of it, although sometimes it gets frustrating as Harper approaches the terrible twos. Jimmy loves the fact that I am home and because he works nights, we are blessed to be able to spend a lot of time together. We've decided that I will continue to stay home for the forseeable future, so I am SO very thankful for that.
One of the many blessings this year was moving into our new house.

I know I've talked about it so much, but we couldn't be happier to be here. As far as I'm concerned, I would love to buy this home once our lease is up and hopefully by that time, we will have sold our home in Wilson, NC. Please pray for us in that area as well.
We were happy to welcome our German Shepherd, Maya, into our family this year. She fits right in with us and I feel SO MUCH safer with her here when Jimmy is working at night. She is so protective of all of us and senses when something is wrong. It is really amazing to watch her reactions when Harper inevitably hurts himself. She lets him walk and crawl all over her and just today, I laid my head on her back and took a nap. We love her dearly.

As far as 2011, I am leaving all of it in God's hands. I am currently having to take a semester off, but hopefully I will begin classes again in the summer. I will be busy making my house a home, guiding my son through age 2, continuing to support my Police Officer hubby as he furthers his education and career, and hanging out with other stay-at-home moms. I realize how lucky I am to be able to do these things and I look forward to everything that 2011 will bring!
What are you looking forward to?







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!