photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Just a few pictures and our New Year's Eve

I have been clicking away on my trusty camera over the past few weeks but I've had very little time to blog regularly. I thought I'd share some snippets of things that we've been doing lately.

Harper received the CUTEST monkey hat from my mom and dad for Christmas and the first day he wore it, I just about died from cuteness. See for yourself.



We have found our new favorite restaurant here in town; San Felipe! Harper loves to eat here because every single member of the staff comes by and gives him high fives. Sometimes they will even give him free candy :)




I've been keeping Harper entertained with youtube's Gummibear and Jakarta videos while I clean and organize. I love to see his little face light up when he watches them.



Harper and Maya have been doing a little organizing of their own...



I have been scouring Craiglist for deals and found a really great dresser for our guest room. It was only 35 dollars and I plan on making this my first glazing experience!

It came with some horrible duck wallpaper on one side.


But overall, I love the bones of it and I think it looks really unique!



As I mentioned in my last post, Jimmy and I hosted some friends for New Year's Eve. Their names are Zach and Rebekah and Miss Rebekah (as we lovingly call her) was Harper's nanny from the time he was 7 weeks old until he was 7 months old. She literally became a part of our family and I am not sure that any other nanny could possibly fill her shoes. I trusted her with Harper as much as I trusted myself and that is immeasurable when it comes to your child. She worked with our schedule, was never late, never missed a day of work and she would text and take pictures during the day and send them to me so that I could sneak peeks at my little boy while I was at work. On her last day, we were all a MESS. She cried, I cried and I'm sure Harper would have cried if he had known exactly what was going on. We love Miss Rebekah and she will forever be Harper's first girlfriend (although she and Zach are pretty serious :)

Here is a picture of she and Harper a few days after her last day. We were so emotional on her actual last day, there was no way we could take photos!


We were so excited that they could join us this year to celebrate the New Year. We didn't go out simply because of Harper's bedtime, but they were good sports and acted old right along with us!


Harper was festive in his new baseball-uniform pajamas before it was off to bed..



Tonight, we had some friends over from Sunday School, so Jimmy and I were playing with the camera before they arrived. We decided to try the ever-popular "duck face."

We just don't get that whole thing. Can anyone explain?

Then, we got a better pic!


Needless to say, we have been very busy these last few weeks but we are excited for things to get back to normal tomorrow. While I'm here, I may as well mention my resolutions.

1. Drink more water and less Mt. Dew (my absolute weakness.)
2. Be a better wife and mother.
3. Enjoy each day
4. Continue letting my hair grow out.
5. Lose these 5 lbs I put on over the holidays.

That's all folks! We hope you had a wonderful start to 2011!


1 comment:

  1. We had such a wonderful time and we can't wait to go back!!! Thank you for allowing me to nanny your sweet boy, he's def my fav :) love y'all

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover