Here is a photo of "White Clover" by Valspar. It turned out to be much more blue than it looked in the store, but I am happy with it. I already have several shades of blue throughout the house, so this accents everything really well.

We painted one side of the stakes with two coats of paint and it took no time for them to dry. Then, my sweet hubby had to staple the rope to each and every stake 3 times. The staples that we bought were a little bit too long and we had to hammer a lot of them in. We used one stake as our spacer between each stake.

Finally, we hung it on the wall and stepped back to admire our work! We had to tweak it a few times to get the right flow and in the end, we were happy with the middle being lower than each side.

A close up.. Sorry for the blurriness. I still haven't sanded it and I'm not sure that I will.

Tonight, Jimmy is working and my parents (who have come to visit me) have gone to bed. I decided I would be productive with my time and tape some of the black and white photos we have onto the fence.


We need more pictures of varying sizes and they don't look "random" enough for me yet. I will be ordering some more tonight with a $10 gift card from Shutterfly!! We also have to buy the clear plastic covers and magnets to attach them to the fence correctly.
I am SOOO happy with the way this turned out! It is so much more interesting than a picture wall and it will definitely be a conversation piece I think. I can't wait to get it completely finished!
Stay tuned for more projects.... There are several in process!







That looks so great!!!
ReplyDelete