photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow day and another house pic..

I can't believe that we got some snow here at the coast of North Carolina, but we did and it was beautiful! I didn't take Harper out in it though and I feel kind of bad about that... I did take some pictures while it was falling and my boys were napping. I think we may go out and play in it tomorrow :)

Photobucket

I thought the snow looked so pretty nestled in the palm trees in the front yard. That's not something you see everyday!

Photobucket

I wanted to take a picture of my sleepy boy when he woke up from his nap, but he has been unusually camera shy lately.


Photobucket

Maya could have cared less. I think it is so funny how she tries to fit her big self on tiny little pillows. She has a lap-dog mindset.

Photobucket

Here is the most "complete" room that we have in our house, although we need several more items to get it where we want it. It is technically the breakfast area, but we turned it into and office/reading room and we really like the results. Here is a photo with flash.

Photobucket

Here is how it looks to us.. without flash.

Photobucket

We know that the stars are not lined up right..haha. For some reason one of them hangs right and the other doesn't, so it makes them crooked. I originally had chocolate brown sheers at all of my windows, but thanks to my mom and dad, I have these beautiful curtains from Target (found on clearance!) and it gives the space a bit more color. I am so happy with these curtains, I just can't even tell you. There are perfect! We had to search and search to find 8 panels, but we did and I now have matching curtains for all of my windows. I'm so excited! (I still have to go get 2 more curtain rods to finish hanging them :) We also moved Harper's nursery rocker in here and it is the.most.comfortable reading spot. I love to blog there or just flip through a magazine.

I also want to add something to the wall beside the back door. Right now, I'm thinking about doing a chalkboard project. I love chalkboards! There is something very old-school and homey about them and I love writing things on them for special occasions.

To finish this room, we will be getting a circular rug of some nature and something for this corner....


Photobucket

I would like to find another comfy chair to sit opposite of the rocker for more of a conversational area. I have been stalking craigslist every day and I hope to find something soon!

Keep coming back and visiting the blog! I have more coming soon!


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover