photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's not fair that he gets all the credit...

I'm talking about my husband. There is NOTHING the man can't do and I really mean that. It gets kind of annoying actually, but I'm not complaining. He even helped me fix my blog tonight so that I could share my large photos again!

So, you remember me talking about our obnoxious TV hole above the mantle? We finally got the materials to be able to fix it, so last night, we (or rather he) finished the job.

We borrowed this idea from The Nester. I ran across her blog and fell in love with the shutters above her mantle. Here's a photo:

Photobucket

We found these shutters at a local antique store and they were large enough to cover the hole. We snatched them up and then almost a week passed before we could get to work!

Photobucket

Yesterday, we finally went to Lowe's to pick out the paint for the shutters. Jimmy picked the color this time but neither one of us can remember the name of it :(

After Harper went to bed, Jimmy got to work! He had to cut the shutters in half to accomodate the height of the ceiling and then he had to cut a space in one of them to allow room for the arm that holds the TV in place . He brought them back in and we got to painting.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the final result!

Photobucket

We are thrilled with the result. It is so much nicer to watch TV now that all of Jimmy's equipment is discreetly hidden behind the shutters. It also adds a nice pop of color to the room.

So, it goes without saying that my sweet husband knocked it out of the park this time and I am more than happy to give him all the credit. All I did was show him the picture and he ran with it. Thank goodness he likes home projects as much as I do!

Keep on comin' back! I am in the middle of another project! I'll give you a little clue.....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy Thursday!


1 comment:

  1. Nice job, girl!! I LOVE the shutters! And I'm excited to see what you're doing with the bathroom. I love DIY projects! (WOW, that's something I never thought I'd say. LOL)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover