photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend recap and a few simple recipes

This weekend has been low-key but productive at the same time. I didn't think that was possible, but we got A LOT done around here!

Friday, we picked up a lamp and table that I found on Craigslist. The table is getting a small makeover and I will be sharing that soon!


Saturday, I got up and made a big breakfast. It was an uber-FAIL. The bacon turned out great, but I over-salted the grits and cooked the eggs in too much bacon grease. (That's how we do it here in the South.) Poor Jimmy tried eating some, we both ended up chunking most of it down the disposal. Later, we cleaned up our garage and we can finally walk around in there! The difference is night and day. I really should have taken a picture, but I didn't think about it.

Yesterday, we went to Sunday School and then had lunch with some friends. It was an absolutely GORGEOUS day here. It was bright and sunny with a high of around 65 degrees. I would have slathered on the sunscreen and laid out if I'd had a lounge chair :) After lunch, Jimmy took Harper over to a fellow police officer's house to help him with some wiring. I took the opportunity to run to the Dollar Store and the Wal-Mart next door. It was so strange to be able to take my time!

Here are a few simple recipes that I've prepared this past week.

Butter and Brown Sugar Onions

Ingredients:

2 small or 1 large onion
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 -3 T Butter
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

These are perfect on top of a big, juicy steak!

1. Slice two small or one large onion. Pull apart rings and place into microwave safe bowl. Salt and pepper.

Photobucket

Place 2-3 tablespoons butter and 1 cup of brown sugar on top of the onions. You do not have to stir.
Photobucket

Cover and microwave until the butter and sugar have melted and the onions have softened.
Photobucket

Slap it on your steak and enjoy!
Photobucket

Wacky Mac Pasta Salad

1 bag of Wacky Mac
1 green bell pepper
1 bottle Italian Dressing
1 T of Parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste

I'm sure you could figure this one out without my directions. Haha!

Photobucket

Liberally salt the water before you boil the pasta. While pasta is cooking, dice your bell pepper.
Photobucket

Drain the pasta then rinse with cold water. Drain and add 1/2 bottle of Italian Dressing. Add bell pepper.
Photobucket

Add salt, pepper and Parsley.
Photobucket

Stir well and add more Italian if needed. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Photobucket

Happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover