I have to admit. I don't wear makeup nearly as often as I used to. I think all stay-at-home-moms can relate to that. I would love to say that I get up in the morning, put on a cute outfit and put my face on before I go get Harper out of his bed... but I don't.
(And yes, for those of you that may be visiting from Kelly's Korner, my son's name is Harper! I promise I don't stalk her. I named him loooooooooong before I knew her blog existed :)
I usually throw on some comfy pajama pants, my bad Uggs (meaning they're old and stinky) and some sort of sweatshirt. I'm ashamed to say that I usually stay in that outfit 9 times out of 10. *Cringe*
What is so hilarious is that as a former pageant participant, (and please excuse that amateur photo), I never thought I'd see the day where I didn't try to be somewhat put together. Hahaha.... My how times have changed.
I did a beauty related post awhile back, but I thought I would update it for today's link-up.
I recently bought this product and I am really loving it!

source
I have always loved the Clinque Even Better makeup, but at $25 a pop, my wallet doesn't love it.
I also have my hair dyed blonde and although I probably need to splurge on a salon conditioner like I used to, I have now switched over to this:

source
Again, my wallet won this battle.
I received some lip gloss as part of a gift set for my birthday and I think I may actually continue to pay full price for it because I love it so much!

Just the other day, I realized that I was out of my Bath and Body Works Winter Candy Apple. Although I love that lotion, I decided I didn't want to go all the way out to the mall for some more. I had to go to Target for diapers anyway, so I picked up this:

source
I love the consistency and I also love that it doesn't compete with my perfume. I usually wear Estee Lauder Pleasures or CoCo Chanel.
That's really all I can think of in the way of beauty products. I can't wait to check out what other ladies love to use!







Hi! I'm not a regular reader of Kelly's Korner, but I do like to browse her SUYL link-ups and I randomly found yours! I just HAD to say "hello" for two reasons-(a) my younger sons' name is also Harper and (b) I also went to school in Wilmington, NC (and live there, too!) :)
ReplyDeleteHi, there. Yep. Popping in from Kelly's. I've only linked once before. :)
ReplyDeleteI posted my "Confessions of a Make-up Junkie" but it has skin care info, too. Ever heard of cantaloupe being awesome for your skin??? It works!
That's funny about your son's name. I totally understand why you'd want to "clear that up". Lol.
P.S. I really respect your husband's job as a police officer! Thank you for what he does! And good for you for continuing your education! :)
www.sophisticatedsteps.blogspot.com
P.S. I'm your newest follower! :)
ReplyDelete