Before we get started though, I want ya'll to see what Harper's hair looks like when he wakes up. When Jimmy saw him this morning, he said that he looked like Nick Nolte.
What do ya'll think?

On with the tour!
First up is our guest room which will eventually become a nursery :) It is by far the least decorated room in our house because, well, we don't have too many guests that stay overnight other than my parents. What I'd like to add: Something above the headboard.

The whole side wall. What I'd like to add: something between the windows.

The view from the bed. Excuse the computer equipment. What I'd like to add: a dresser to go under the mirror.

Next up..the guest bathroom. It is located between the guest room and Harper's room, so it will serve as our kiddos bathroom one day. I promised myself a long time ago that it would not become and kiddie-themed bathroom and I plan to stay true to that. What I'd like to add: a nice plush bath rug in a contrasting color.


This is the view from the toilet! Haha. I am pretty proud of these pictures. I took them myself at Bald Head Island and just changed them to black and white. I love how they turned out!

On to Harper's room! He definitely needs curtains, I just haven't found any that I love. I'd also like to add a rug for a little more color since the wall color is so.. blah.

Here is my little "problem wall."

This wall desperately needs something and I really love these bookshelves from Knock Off Wood. I'm just not sure how it would look to have a standing bookcase and then bookshelves as well.

The wall opposite his crib. What I'd like to add: a larger, more substantial mirror. I bought this one at Wal-Mart for ten dollars and didn't realize it would look so dinky compared to the dresser.

Here is the dining room. I really love how everything looks, but we'd like to make a few changes.

We will probably sell this table since it only seats four and we'd like to build a new table. Knock Off Wood to the rescue again! We really like this table. I'd also like to add a rug and switch out that builder-grade chandelier.

Here is the entryway.

I'd like to get rid of that table and build a long, skinny entry table. I also need to put that ottoman somewhere else. It used to serve as our coffee table for a quite awhile.

A close up of the photos on the table. These are more pics from Bald Head Island and the mermaid was an image I found on the internet. My hubby has a thing for mermaids.

That's it for tonight folks! Stay tuned for more!







Thanks for sharing! You have great decorating skills. I love the colors you chose for your guest bedroom -- so relaxing and elegant. If you don't mind me asking, did you get that comforter set at Crate and Barrel? I love it!
ReplyDeleteAntoinette
I actually found it on clearance at Target a few years ago!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all... poor Harper. Being compare to Nick Nolte? LOL
ReplyDeleteThe house looks great!! For Harper's wall, how about some floating shelves instead of the hanging book shelves. That way you could lean pictures against the wall from the shelf and also add other accessories. Ana has those on her site as well.