photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Friday, March 25, 2011

Icky.

That's how I'm feeling today, but I'll get there in a second. And a warning, this blog post is SUPER boring :)

I went home yesterday to go and pick up my new retainer (I lost my top one and had to have another made..yay!) and I stayed the night at my mom and dad's. They have a toddler bed setup for Harper in their bedroom but it is very low to the floor and Harper can easily get out of it.

At my house, he is still in his crib (that has been converted to his toddler bed) and we have a guard rail up. The rail serves two purposes. It of course keeps him from falling out at night and he can't get out of his bed until we go pick him up.

Here's a picture to break things up. Hahaha!
Photobucket

Because he can so easily get out of the bed at my mom and dads, he does so each chance he gets. I will lay him down and slowly try to creep out, but he screams and follows me to the door. So.... whenever Harper goes to bed is when I have to go to bed. Why, you ask? Because he will only lay with me in my mom and dad's bed and nowhere else. Period.

Last night we went through this little routine and I finally laid down with him. I was nowhere close to being ready for sleep at 7:45pm so I flipped on the TV. Harper unfortunately watched TV for 2 hours and WOULD NOT go to sleep. Finally, I shut it off and he was asleep in 10 minutes.

After he was asleep, he rolled ALL night long. I wasn't able to get into a deep sleep because I had to have one hand on his shirt to keep him from falling off the bed. Not only that, he kicked me all night as well :)

Needless to say, I didn't get a good night's rest and once I got home today, Jimmy, Harper and I all slept from about 12 to 2pm. The rest of the day has been a complete wash. We haven't done anything except cook dinner and sit around. It is amazing to me how horrible I can feel now due to the smallest things! I know it's normal, but I have felt pretty awful this afternoon. I got nauseous, so I took a pill and then my husband made a HORRIBLE smelling Ramen noodle lunch.




I had to leave the room and go get in the tub. For some reason, a warm bath usually makes me feel better.

I'm hoping to be a little bit more productive tomorrow, but I guess we will see how I feel. I really dislike being so tired, sick and unproductive all the time, but I know it's all worth it. The weather is supposed to be kind of yucky all weekend, so I'm sure that won't help!
Goodnight,



1 comment:

  1. the tub!! yes... my FAVORITE place to be when i was prego... i swear, i took two a day... i think our water bill was in the triple digits several times :) hope you feel better... a good nights rest is the BEST medicine (well, that and laughter)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover