photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm gonna make a lot of people mad

But I have to say it.

Scotty McCreery makes me uncomfortable.



I know that I'm supposed to love him since I am from North Carolina and it's not that I don't like him. I do. He seems like a sweetheart and obviously he has a VERY country voice.

I just can't stand the smirking, the eyebrow-cocking and the way he holds his mic. I think the mic thing bothers me the most.

And, I have say.. I'd really like for him to hit a note straight-on one time. I know that most male country singers sort of "run a scale" to get to the note they are trying to hit but it drives.me.crazy!!! He runs that darn scale for almost every note it seems.

With all of that being said, I am SO bored with American Idol this season. I have said that for many years now, but I still watch because there is nothing else on TV. No one this year is blowing me away.

I don't mean to pick solely on Scotty. There are quirks about every contestant that get pretty annoying, but there is my 2-cents.

Do you like this season?






3 comments:

  1. oh thank god!! i thought i was the only one... he's awful!!!!!! so not versatile and not worthy of winning! i don't typically watch the show (as in, the last 5 seasons or so), but i tuned in to "cheer on the kid from nc"...how disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I'm totally with you guys. I literally have to turn away half the time that he sings. Have you noticed how far to the side he leans when he sings too?! This isn't my favorite season, but I do like that there are some different characters...not that America would ever vote them through. I love Paul and Casey...I always root for the weird ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same exact way!! He probably already has a country recording contract waiting, but he's not right for AI. He sings the same type of songs every week! He's precious, but come on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover