photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Friday, March 11, 2011

An overwhelming list

So, if you are reading my ticker above, it informs both you and I that I have 3 weeks and 4 days until Harper's second birthday.

I'm still going back and forth about what to do for his birthday. I want to have family and a few friends over, but I'm not sure where I'd like to have the party. I want to keep it relatively low-key, but still fun. I can choose to have it at my house or at our neighborhood clubhouse.

What to do?

IF I have it at my house, I have an outrageous list of things that have to be done.

Here goes.

1. Finish Harper's room which includes drapes (this will involve a project), possibly a new dresser (because I'm selling the one he has)building some shelves for his now overgrown toy and book collection and a new light fixture. The fixture is optional, but it would be nice to have done.

2. Hang drapes in our sitting room area. (Again, involves way more than I care to get into here.)

3. Make decorations, buy balloons. (Not optional.) Need to get started!

4. Clean, clean, clean.

5. Fill holes in the backyard and cover certain areas with pine straw.

6. Paper invitations or e-vites? Last year, I did an e-vite on facebook and I hate that I don't have a paper invitation for his baby book. I know he could care less, but I am the over-sentimental type. I like paper invitations but that takes time and money and we all know they go in the trashcan.

That is all I can think of right now, but I feel like there is more. It may not seem like a huge list, but with everything going on at the Cushing house, it's hard to find time to do these things.

My hubby is off for one WHOLE day this weekend and you best belive he and I will be working on some things. I hope to take a trip to Lowe's so that he can build a workbench. He claims he can't do anything without a workbench :)

I have decided on red, white and blue colors to go with the airplane theme. It's very "Delta", no?




Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover