photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Foody, Baby and Housey Things.

The past few days have been aimed at getting back to normal. After Harper's surgery, we were all exhausted and just sort of trudged through the day. Today was the first full day on a normal schedule and we all did just fine!

If I can back-track a little, I'd like to share a recipe I made yesterday. If you are like every other breathing blogger then you know about Pioneer Woman. God Bless her soul. She has some amazing recipes and I decided to try her Chicken Spaghetti because I felt it would be a large enough serving to provide leftovers for me while Jimmy works this weekend. Oh and it did.

For the full recipe, go here.

Here are just a few pictures I took while slaving in the hot kitchen :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

I forgot to take an after picture, but just imagine that cheese ooey gooey and the casserole bubbling.

Folks, it was/is De.Lic.Ious. Here are a few things to keep in mind now that I've made some mistakes for you.

1. Make sure you have enough chicken. I used what I had. What I had was 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts and it just wasn't enough.

2. Make sure you cut up your bell pepper and onion very small. Mine were just a little too chunky and a bit more crunchy than I like once it came out of the oven.

3. I couldn't find the Cayenne Pepper at Wal-Mart of places, so I used Chili Powder instead. Get the Cayenne, ok? If you are like me and you like it hot, the Chili Powder just won't get you there. I resorted to dousing it in Frank's Hot Sauce because I'm pregnant and crazy like that.


__________________________________________________________________________________________
On an entirely different note, we finally have our first nursery item!!!!
My mom bought it for me during our neighborhood yard sale on Mother's Day and I am in love! The jar candle is to show its size.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love that this can be painted one way if we decide to continue with our Shabby Beach decor, or another if we decide to go a little more modern. It would be beautiful either way. I can tell you this much... it ain't staying yellow :)
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Jimmy and I went to Target today which is about as normal as you can get in the Cushing household. We needed wipes and a few other things, but I ended up bringing this baby home.
Photobucket

That's a Bojangles biscuit wrapped in a paper towel if you're wondering.

I bought this because I. hate. clutter. I despise it. Loathe it. It's been driving me crazy for months now that our bananas and various other food items just sit on the countertop randomly. For about 13 dollars, I solved that problem. I'm so in love with this thing.

I also bought this.
Photobucket

I already have a Spray-N-Wash stick for stains, but when I passed this Dreft today, I couldn't resist. I remember washing Harper's baby clothes in Dreft and seeing this pink and white bottle sent me into baby over-drive. I had to smell it again. It got me SO excited about a newborn again and I used it on stupid things this afternoon just so I could catch a whiff :)

We came home and the rest of the afternoon was spent cleaning. Or Nesting. Whatever you want to call it. It started with this.
Photobucket
I am so ashamed of how disgusting it was underneath that lovely fabric cover. And underneath the actual seat. Crumbs and stains everywhere. Now it's clean and fresh and smells a little bit like Dreft :)

I cleaned some of Harper's toys and replaced some batteries. Fun stuff I tell ya.
Photobucket

Harper appreciated effort I put into his toys today.
Photobucket
I added this rug to my sitting room not too long ago. It was Harper's rug from his first nursery and I really love it. I tried vaccumming it today and have just come to terms with the fact that my vaccumm is done for. I just don't know what to get now. This one is just a year and 5 months old.

Jimmy, this picture is for you because I think we have a baby Bigfoot in our backyard.
Photobucket

If you got through this post, you are a trooper. Needless to say, I've been busy the past few days, but I feel good that things are getting done around here. There are still so many other projects to get started on, but one thing at a time.

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover