photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

(Green) Thumbs up to us!

Spending a lot of time outside with Harper lately has really made me take notice of my backyard. I use the term "my backyard" loosely because we are renting. If there's one thing that really annoys me about having to rent, it's the fact that I can't do any and everything I want to the space around me. The backyard is no exception.

Jimmy ran to Lowe's today to pick up a thick brush adapter for the weed-eater. He calls it his "nom nom" blade. I had requested that he do a little work for me because I just couldn't look at the backyard the way it was any longer.

Here is a before (left side):
Photobucket

The before for the right side:
Photobucket

Left side after:
Photobucket

Right side after:
Photobucket

The nom nom blade couldn't cut through everything, so some of it will just have to stay. We are hoping now that it's been cut, it will just die!! I would do a side by side comparison of the backyard, but I am having a total brain-fart at the moment. Can't remember how to do it in Photobucket!

The nom nom blade inspired me to cut back some bushes that had completely overgrown. (By the way, the streaks on the roof are apparently a fungus that has grown on all of the houses in the neighborhood. I hate it!)

Before:
Photobucket

After:
Photobucket

I probably should have cut under all of the bushes to help them match the first two. In fact I might work on that some more this week while Harper is playing. I'm pretty proud of myself for doing the trimming and then cleaning up all the branches and leaves by myself! I did have a little help though.
Photobucket

After Jimmy was done with his trimming, he stole my hedge clippers and cleaned up a little more. I thought he looked cute in his hunting boots and hat :)
Photobucket

Man oh man, if we owned this house (which I think we've decided we don't want to), the backyard would look SO different! We would have to hire a landscaping company to come in and clear out the heavy brush and then cut a couple of trees down. Then we'd seed it to help make the grass ONE color. I'd plant flowers, take out a few bushes, I could go on and on.

One thing that I really, REALLY want though is a nice conversational outdoor seating area. I found one at Wal-Mart, but there are so many other things that take priority right now over outdoor seating. It's not that I want it just to look pretty, but I truly need somewhere to sit while Harper is playing. Right now I pretty much have to lean on the outside of my screened-in porch to keep an eye on him. And he likes to be out there for hours!

Isn't it pretty though? (Couldn't save a picture of it.)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Crossman-4pc-Conversation-Set-Green/15443779

I want so badly to do things out there that would look nice and be functional, but we will only make small changes that we can live with until we move out :( I'm so thankful to have this fenced-in backyard for Harper and my dogs, so I'm not gonna complain!






1 comment:

  1. Harper looks so grown!! He looks 4! He's precious..and I miss him :( and his mommmy and daddy too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover