photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day 2011

First of all, a picture of my sweet dad, Donald. Not only is he a sweet dad, but he's also a fantastic grandpa.. or "Papa" as Harper calls him. He is very excited that there will be a little girl grandbaby soon! He always talks to my belly and it's too funny..

Photobucket

There were no crazy special plans for Father's Day this year. This was the first weekend in as long as I can remember that Jimmy didn't have any part-time police work lined up. It was a very nice change.

The hubs had specifically asked for macaroni crafts for Father's Day. We didn't have a big budget to work with this year, so I appreciated his request :) He received a macaroni necklace, bracelet and a homemade card.

We presented daddy with his gift at 7:00am sharp (After Harper had been awake for 45 minutes.) I had some pics to share, but Photobucket is being weird. Oh well..

We got ready and made it to church and Sunday School. I am very proud of us for getting out the door on time! Harper did so well in the nursery, so that was great too. We took a few photos after church.

Photobucket
(Not sure what Harper is doing here...)

Photobucket

After church, daddy chose Outback for his Father's Day lunch. I asked Harper to give daddy a special Father's Day hug. Aww......
Photobucket

Then when I told him I wanted to take a picture of him, this is what I got.
Photobucket

We all came back home and napped and I think it was just what the Dr. ordered. We are both worn out the majority of the time so when we have time to just relax together, it is treasured.

**Just an update** Harper is STILL getting up crazy early. This morning it was 5:45am. Kill me now. I still haven't tried anything other than telling him that it's too early and to come lay down with us in the bed. He doesn't go to sleep, but he does lay there quietly for just a little while before he heads off to the living room for cartoons. I hope this is a short phase. Please Lord, let it be a phase!

1 comment:

  1. Ashlynn, thanks for stopping and visiting. You have a beautiful family too. You're not going to believe this, but one of my dear friends has a little girl named Hollyn too. She just celebrated her 1st birthday. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover