Our fun in the sun came after 5pm since the heat index for North Carolina has been about 105. I'll get to that in a minute though.
Jimmy and I were informed of a local fabric store and drove on over to check it out this afternoon. I was SO excited because I just knew I would walk away with fabric today.
Um, wrong.
They had some fabric that I fell in love with, but didn't have 6 yards.

They called two other stores and they were out as well. They aren't due to receive more until possibly the end of August. Ugggghh! I know that fabric seems so insignificant but it's pretty irritating to not be able to do anything until you have it.
Moving on.....
We then drove over to a local consignment shop to see if they had a side table that would work beside our nursery rocker. While I didn't find the right side table, I found a rocker that would fit way better than the one we have.


After we finished putting the crib together last night, we quickly realized that our rocker and ottoman are too big for the space. I scoured craigslist to see if I could find anything in a smaller scale. Needless to say, I didn't. When I spotted this beauty today, I almost grabbed it! I decided against it because I'd like to sell the one we have to offset the cost a little bit. PLUS, I have no idea what fabric I will really end up with and I don't want to go through the trouble of having to recover it if it doesn't match.
Before we left, Harper made a friend :)


We came home and had just long enough to change clothes before we met Jimmy's dad, step-mom and step-sister for a quick ride on their boat.

(Wind in the eyes :)


Jimmy and I were pretty proud of our little monkey. He has great sea legs!
Tomorrow is back to the same ol' routine since Jimmy goes back to work. I'm not sure what we'll get into, but hopefully it will be both fun AND cool :)
Jimmy and I were informed of a local fabric store and drove on over to check it out this afternoon. I was SO excited because I just knew I would walk away with fabric today.
Um, wrong.
They had some fabric that I fell in love with, but didn't have 6 yards.

They called two other stores and they were out as well. They aren't due to receive more until possibly the end of August. Ugggghh! I know that fabric seems so insignificant but it's pretty irritating to not be able to do anything until you have it.
Moving on.....
We then drove over to a local consignment shop to see if they had a side table that would work beside our nursery rocker. While I didn't find the right side table, I found a rocker that would fit way better than the one we have.


After we finished putting the crib together last night, we quickly realized that our rocker and ottoman are too big for the space. I scoured craigslist to see if I could find anything in a smaller scale. Needless to say, I didn't. When I spotted this beauty today, I almost grabbed it! I decided against it because I'd like to sell the one we have to offset the cost a little bit. PLUS, I have no idea what fabric I will really end up with and I don't want to go through the trouble of having to recover it if it doesn't match.
Before we left, Harper made a friend :)


We came home and had just long enough to change clothes before we met Jimmy's dad, step-mom and step-sister for a quick ride on their boat.

(Wind in the eyes :)


Jimmy and I were pretty proud of our little monkey. He has great sea legs!
Tomorrow is back to the same ol' routine since Jimmy goes back to work. I'm not sure what we'll get into, but hopefully it will be both fun AND cool :)







Ashlynn, how much are you selling the glider for? I'm in the market :)
ReplyDelete