photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Saturday, July 9, 2011

A lazy Saturday, a recipe and nursery things

Harper and I ventured out to Wal-Mart this morning for a much needed grocery trip. When I got home, my hips and legs were throbbing. This has been going on for a little while now, but only every now in then and I chalked it up to "pregnancy pains." Then it finally hit me. It's my shoes!


source

Jack Rogers are notorious for having very hard soles. I have been wearing these a lot when I go out because they go with everything and it's a quick way to add polish to a casual outfit. I'll still be wearing them, just not as much :)

After I got the groceries put away, I started on an appetizer for our Sunday School social tomorrow night. I can't take one ounce of credit for this recipe. I found it at E, Myself and I. Head on over and say hi! She is due any.day.now.


This recipe is called Cheese Slaw. Now if I'm being perfectly honest, I was skeptical of how this would turn out. I mean what the heck is "cheese slaw" after all? I'll tell you what it is. Amazing!

Here's what you need:
Photobucket
1 pound swiss cheese, shredded (pre-shredded or you can do this yourself)
1 bunch green onions with tops, chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped banana peppers
1/2 cup finely chopped jalapeno peppers
mayonnaise of your choice

Combine all of the ingredients above and add the mayo last. You only need enough to bind all of the ingredients together. Truthfully, I would have gone with a light mayo, but I had just bought the Duke's and wanted to go ahead and use that. I'm also not a huge green onion fan, so I went lighter on those.

Photobucket

Of course I tested it out on a Ritz cracker :) It is so, so good! I hope the SS class likes it tomorrow.

This afternoon, my whole family participated in nap-time and that was really nice. After Jimmy went to work, I snuck in and caught this picture of Harper and Maya. We call them the gruesome twosome.
Photobucket

Photobucket
(One of these days, I'm going to get rid of that paci! Right now I'm just trying to get through bedtime struggles.)

I was browsing through Pinterest last night and stumbled upon this nursery.
Photobucket
source

Although it's much brighter than anything I'm going for, I am IN LOVE with those drapes! I searched and searched but could not find out what fabric this is. If anyone who's reading happens to know, pleeeeease share. I am so ready to get my hands on some fabric so that I can get going.

I guess because I'm at a standstill with nursery-things, I have started nesting in other areas of the house. Just a few days ago, I decluttered and re-organized our junk drawer. Tonight I decided to move a family heirloom out of our garage and into the living room. Don't worry, it's under my weight limit!
Photobucket
The trunk belong to my grand-dad and I just hadn't thought of anywhere to put it until now. My husband is always complaining that there are TOO many blankets on the couch, so here's my solution! Although you can't really tell from the photo, it definitely makes that little side of the couch a bit cozier :) It's also hiding a few toys.




I hope everyone is having a great weekend!



1 comment:

  1. I'm completely addicted to pinterest, too. Oh it's so bad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover