I have wanted to blog so badly the last few nights, but every time I sat down to try, nothing came to me.
Things have been oh-so-ordinary around here and I LOVE it. Jimmy has been off the last two days and we have just been enjoying our time with him. Yesterday morning, we had cinnamon rolls (a rarity) and Harper actually ate two! Ya'll have no idea what a milestone this was.


Then we went to the pool before it got too hot...



Afterwards, we went to Lowe's to pick up a few more items for the nursery. Harper was able to "ride the tractor." This is his absolute favorite thing to do when we go to Lowe's. We usually have to deal with a kicking, screaming fit to get him off of it!


While we're on the subject of the nursery, I've gotta say that I am still having a hard time getting my hands on the fabric that I want. The company that I was going to order from was out until July 5th. I checked all day on July 5th and nothing. I called to ask when it would be available and I was told to check back in a week. I decided to keep checking before the week went by and yesterday the site said that it will not be back in stock until September. I'm not able to move forward in Hollin's nursery until I get the fabric I'm going to use! I can't pick out bedding or finish with projects and accessories until I have the fabric to reference for color and pattern. I realize that I still have time to wait for the fabric that I want, but then it would be a last minute race to get everything done before she gets here. I like the idea of having it done well before because I'm a planner like that :)
Jimmy worked SO hard yesterday on little projects that have fallen by the wayside. I was very appreciative :) Then, he made us dinner too! I only contributed the instant mashed potatoes.

Today was Jimmy's first night back to work. That meant it was back to the same ol' routine for us. It's been dreary and rainy all day, so I decided to try to entertain Harper indoors as best I could. Here was my attempt at a fort :)

He brought some toys in and seemed to enjoy it for all of 20 minutes.

Then he moved on to his craft area. (Yes he's half naked again. Still working on the potty training!)

He got sleepy this afternoon and decided to nap with daddy. (I never notice Jimmy's tattoos until I get a picture of them..haha)

Today has sort of dragged on and on. I try not to go anywhere unless I absolutely have to because my Jeep guzzles gas and we live outside of town. I think tomorrow we are going to head out to the grocery store to at least get out of the house for a few minutes.
Here's an update on Harper's bedtime routine for those who are the least bit interested :)
It has truthfully gotten worse. Now instead of him getting out of bed 3-4 times, it's about 10 times at the least. The last two nights he has ended up sneaking out of his bed when Jimmy and I were asleep and getting into bed with us. It's not that I mind him sleeping with us. I just know that Hollin will be here soon and there's no way that we can have all four family members in there and expect a good night's rest. I don't think Harper could sleep through her nightly feedings.
I am really frustrated with the whole situtation. I think this is the first time that I haven't been able to "figure" him out. I'm usually good at adjusting things to fit both of our needs and make us both happy. As it stand right now, I spend at least an hour putting Harper back to bed once I put him down. If he sneaks out, I spend all night getting kicked and jabbed in the belly. There is never a "break" for me and that just isn't good.
I hope to figure all of this out soon and when I do, I will be sure to share how I did it!

Things have been oh-so-ordinary around here and I LOVE it. Jimmy has been off the last two days and we have just been enjoying our time with him. Yesterday morning, we had cinnamon rolls (a rarity) and Harper actually ate two! Ya'll have no idea what a milestone this was.


Then we went to the pool before it got too hot...



Afterwards, we went to Lowe's to pick up a few more items for the nursery. Harper was able to "ride the tractor." This is his absolute favorite thing to do when we go to Lowe's. We usually have to deal with a kicking, screaming fit to get him off of it!


While we're on the subject of the nursery, I've gotta say that I am still having a hard time getting my hands on the fabric that I want. The company that I was going to order from was out until July 5th. I checked all day on July 5th and nothing. I called to ask when it would be available and I was told to check back in a week. I decided to keep checking before the week went by and yesterday the site said that it will not be back in stock until September. I'm not able to move forward in Hollin's nursery until I get the fabric I'm going to use! I can't pick out bedding or finish with projects and accessories until I have the fabric to reference for color and pattern. I realize that I still have time to wait for the fabric that I want, but then it would be a last minute race to get everything done before she gets here. I like the idea of having it done well before because I'm a planner like that :)
Jimmy worked SO hard yesterday on little projects that have fallen by the wayside. I was very appreciative :) Then, he made us dinner too! I only contributed the instant mashed potatoes.

Today was Jimmy's first night back to work. That meant it was back to the same ol' routine for us. It's been dreary and rainy all day, so I decided to try to entertain Harper indoors as best I could. Here was my attempt at a fort :)

He brought some toys in and seemed to enjoy it for all of 20 minutes.

Then he moved on to his craft area. (Yes he's half naked again. Still working on the potty training!)

He got sleepy this afternoon and decided to nap with daddy. (I never notice Jimmy's tattoos until I get a picture of them..haha)

Today has sort of dragged on and on. I try not to go anywhere unless I absolutely have to because my Jeep guzzles gas and we live outside of town. I think tomorrow we are going to head out to the grocery store to at least get out of the house for a few minutes.
Here's an update on Harper's bedtime routine for those who are the least bit interested :)
It has truthfully gotten worse. Now instead of him getting out of bed 3-4 times, it's about 10 times at the least. The last two nights he has ended up sneaking out of his bed when Jimmy and I were asleep and getting into bed with us. It's not that I mind him sleeping with us. I just know that Hollin will be here soon and there's no way that we can have all four family members in there and expect a good night's rest. I don't think Harper could sleep through her nightly feedings.
I am really frustrated with the whole situtation. I think this is the first time that I haven't been able to "figure" him out. I'm usually good at adjusting things to fit both of our needs and make us both happy. As it stand right now, I spend at least an hour putting Harper back to bed once I put him down. If he sneaks out, I spend all night getting kicked and jabbed in the belly. There is never a "break" for me and that just isn't good.
I hope to figure all of this out soon and when I do, I will be sure to share how I did it!








We are going through the same sleep issues with our little Reagan (who will be 3 in two months). Lately, after we go to bed she has been sneaking in & making herself a little cot on the floor. I am not opposed to this because I don't have a foot or elbow in my face :) We also just recently experienced NIGHT TERRORS. OH, how horrifying those are! Praying you get the sleep situation worked out.
ReplyDeleteAshlie from www.themanyfacesofreagan.blogspot.com
I remember exactly what you are going through. Charli Beth did this and I could not figure it out, until someone mention that it was a "growth spurt" or growing stage. It is so hard to face these times whenever they just suddenly change. Hope things get better for you guys soon!
ReplyDeleteMy Harp has the same getting-out-of-bed problem! I think a lot of it is because he takes a long nap during the day, so I'm thinking we either need to shorten it drastically or do away with it altogether (which I dread! ;) It seriously goes on all night though...which keeps his big brother up too!
ReplyDelete